Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any stores that have a PS3 hooked up to a 3DTV?

Options
  • 01-05-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, got MK earlier in the week and noticed that it's '3D compatible'. I don't have a 3DTV and will likely never get one (holographic 3D like Star Wars ftw lol) so i was hoping there was somewhere around Dublin that has a 3DTV hooked up to a PS3 so i could see if it's any good.

Lemme know! Town preferably but anywhere in Dub :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

My local chipper has a state of the art 60 inch PS3 with 3D features. Me and my mates usually mess around playing 3D games with our 3D glasses on while we feast on a battered sausage and a can of coke. Fries are included in the deal.

The sony centre here in Cork had a 3d demo disk with game trailers playing on a blu ray player. It looked pretty impressive to me, but still way too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    My local chipper has a state of the art 60 inch PS3 with 3D features. Me and my mates usually mess around playing 3D games with our 3D glasses on while we feast on a battered sausage and a can of coke. Fries are included in the deal.

Don't play with my emotions like that Suspiria, where is this chipper! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Suspiria79 wrote: »

every man and his dog knows Carlsberg don't make chippers............ but if they did!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

The Philips shop on Dame street had a demo day a while back doing this.
    Ask over on the richersounds forum if they are planning anymore or if they would be so kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i tried it out in barcelona during the week, its decent enough but the usual 3D disadvantages apply: it takes a while to get used to 3D-ness, it just feels weird and the drop in brightness, the screen seems too dark for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

quarryman wrote: »
    i tried it out in barcelona during the week, its decent enough but the usual 3D disadvantages apply: it takes a while to get used to 3D-ness, it just feels weird and the drop in brightness, the screen seems too dark for my liking.

Did they serve up a good burger in Barcelona while you were wearing the glasses for extra-added all-around 3D fulfillments during fatalities?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,637 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

have a 3d tv, not great with the ps3 in fairness, but i only tried black ops and gran turismo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

quarryman wrote: »

Don't most 3D screens use active-shutter technology over polarised lenses? Surely that would remove the drop in brightness problem of cinema 3D?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't most 3D screens use active-shutter technology over polarised lenses? Surely that would remove the drop in brightness problem of cinema 3D?

Any of the 3D tvs i experienced still had a slight drop in brightness, but i'd get over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont get the fascination of the 3D stuff. Now granted I havent seen enough of 3D on games to give an opinion but if its anything like the movies, its not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Bit of a stupid question, but yes there's ~20-30% drop in brightness......could we not just turn up our TV brightness by said amount :p

Yeah, 3D is a total gimmick but I really think games could far benefit 3D than movies. What with it being interactive and live-rendered in 3D. But the fact that I'm seeking it out and not the other way round (it being shoved down my throat) means that it's really niche/unpopular atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

3D is a gimmick IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I tried one set up in M&S in Liffey Valley, got to try the demo of MotorStorm, very effective it was too.
    It was over Christmas and was a demo showing off the Sony TV and a deal they had with the pack of a 3D Bluray player and some Active Shutter glasses.

Everything has gotten cheaper since then though, think I saw a 3D capable TV in one of the large chains for 899.

And 3D gaming looks great, some games will make it a gimmick, many won't.
    I promise you that the next F1 title from codemasters will have 3D options and F1 will never look better.

Advertisement