Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trad folk singer looking for other singers

Options
  • 01-05-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

i started getting into trad about a year ago and have a great mentor and I go to sessions regularly but find it hard to get a good ballad session. so i organised one in frank ryans pub a month or so ago.. i met with afew people to sing together but im finding people to be extremely flakey when it comes to it.
    i go to the beginners sessions in the cobblestone on mondays and have started going to the goilin sessions in the teachers club too.
    i really want to meet someone who wants to so something together.. male or female i really dont mind.. i love planxty andy irvine paul brady, dolores keane, sweeneys men etc.. do some anne briggs stuff..still learning but have a decentish repetoire so far.
    i dont play an instrument as such but im slowly learning guitar.
    im really serios about starting a group with someone looking to practice regularly and start doing ballad sessions.
    i work in the city centre and im pretty much free to meet anyday, im not really bothered about age but being as im 24 it would be nice to meet people from my age to 35.

Advertisement