Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for expectant mother!

Options
  • 01-05-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

So i'd like to get my wife something she would really like. For all of you who have been there, what would you really have appreciated at 27 weeks? She has already had a few pregnancy massages and I bought her a pregnancy pillow earlier in the pregnancy, so those items are out, but I'd love to hear other suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

You're very sweet to be finding gifts for her...

Chiropracty sessions if she has an achy back...

Facial/pedicure/hairdresser vouchers (soon she won't be able to comfortably reach her own toes!)

A maternity photo session with a good photographer, so she has some beautiful pictures of her being pregnant...

10 weeks or so to go...perhaps a list of 10 "date night" things you will commit to with her, more or less one a week, whilst you still don't need a baby sitter? Nice meal out, comedy club, shopping trip, bike ride (I'm 35 weeks and recently hubby and I did a 2 hour tandem bike ride with a picnic - it was great, I sat at the back and didn't have to pedal!), cinema night, to see a band play, etc, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A teasmaid. There's nothing like a cup of tea without having to get out of bed. I got Mrs. Mac one. After the girls were 6 months old it never got used again but it was used a lot for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

How much do you want to spend? I got my sis in law a Jo Malone kit for her birthday at 30 weeks or so in Brown Thomas. Bubble Bath, bath oil, a candle etc. She loved it. I'd flamin love something like that myself :D Just check it's alright for her to use bath oils.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Thanks folks for the advice. I'm going to roll with Nmoore's date night suggestion. Mainly because even after reading the post, I don't know what a teasmaid is :confused:, and she has a lot of the bath stuff already. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bride2012

A teasmaid is for the bed side locker and it boils the water and makes a cup of tea for the morning without having to go to the kitchen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=teasmaid&tag=googiehydra-21&index=aps&hvadid=4907805813&ref=pd_sl_2jcovcnzxl_e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

definately something that makes her feel beautiful, a manicure, hair doo, facial massage, photoshoot, something like a hotel break away will always work, or something to look forward after the birth like a night away for her with her best friend without the baby.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement