Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime Uploaders, where to look for them?!

• 01-05-2011 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi! I'm co-owner to an anime site, It's a really close knit community with some pretty cool people! We've been looking for an anime uploader, as at the moment the majority of the uploading is handled by one person, which is far too much for him too do really! Anyway! if your intrested say so! if you know somewhere i can get an uploader say so! if you have any thoughts on this, you guessed it, Say so!!
    <3
    ~RovinPirate
    (btw an uploader is the person that puts the anime on the site, we can teach you if your intrested)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

Isn't that illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

If you've ever watched anime on the internet its illegal yes, its called video streaming, reading manga on the internet *for free* is illegal. downloading free music is illegal, still practically everyone uses it. I'm not talking about ripping anime from Cds and putting it on the interenet, which is very illegal, its using readily available resources (megavideo, zshare etc.) and stockpiling them in one place. With clear disclaimers on your site, your not going to get in trouble, or generally noticed at all by any form law enforcement.
    Anime sites are very popular, but none of the free ones are legal. Are you going to pay for every anime episode you watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

ibtl.

Why do you force DDLs instead of just using torrents? Why do you rehost the animu instead of just linking to the site you get it from?
    I doubt very much you have anything which isn't done by crunchy or gg...

Some people, including myself, can't be bothered with the hassle of torrents, we dont usually scam our video off other anime sites (like animu or gg) instead find them off the servers directly. Also its not just about the anime, as i said its about the community that has been developed over the years. The larger websites (like cruchy or AFT) are almost too large, its impossible to know everyone, and there is no feeling of community unless you are there all the time or are staff. I have been with the same group of people for almost 4 or 5 years, with additions and losses, its great to have the group, for support and knowlege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you've ever watched anime on the internet its illegal yes, its called video streaming, reading manga on the internet *for free* is illegal.

Wrong, have a very nice free crunchy roll account getting me free anime.
    downloading free music is illegal, still practically everyone uses it.

Must warn Radiohead.
    With clear disclaimers on your site, your not going to get in trouble

Warning do not click this link it's illegal.
    generally noticed at all by any form law enforcement.

Just lawyers and emails full of take-down notices to you and your host.
    Anime sites are very popular, but none of the free ones are legal. Are you going to pay for every anime episode you watch?

Still wrong, there are plenty of legal free sites.

• Advertisement

-.- I only came here looking for someone to help out, not have my head torn off geez.
    Crunchyroll is only legal because it shows unliscenced shows, that is why they often have to take off alot of their shows after a few weeks/months of being up.
    When i said downloading free music is illegal i didn't mean music that the artist had made available for free (Which is very rare). I meant albums that have been shared around the internet for download, or even people converting youtube videos for download. Technically our site is not Illegal, as we only source videos we dont actually make them.

While i wouldn't say plenty, i do agree there are a few, but like crunchyroll they cant legally keep any anime that gets lisenced. So how are you going to watch those. Either you pay for them (either pay by download off amazon which isnt too bad for shorter series) or watch them on streaming websites.

You'll notice i didnt include a link to my website as i wasnt trying to advertise it, i was just looking for some help with it. I've been perfectly polite and I don't understand why im getting all this aggression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Thus, get them while it's legal is my model.
    we dont usually scam our video off other anime sites (like animu or gg) instead find them off the servers directly.

You mean you go to nyaatorrents and DL the link from there? Any subtitled show you give download links to has been subbed by a fansub group (probably), and they all provide DDL links nowadays, linking to their DL link is easier and politer, because that way they get to see how many people appreciate their help!

edit: I see you guys stream stuff, ahhhh... I haven no idea where you'd find an uploader, I presume the big constraint is upload bandwidth. Maybe pool together and buy someone a better internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Crunchyroll is only legal because it shows unliscenced shows, that is why they often have to take off alot of their shows after a few weeks/months of being up.

A copyright doesn't only apply if it's in English or not, most of their shows are licensed by them and they work with the creators before shows air to make the subs.
    Technically our site is not Illegal, as we only source videos we dont actually make them.

Linking to copyrighted material is illegal, and all the torrent sites around get sue for hosting trackers for torrents and for linking all the time.

Crunchyroll they cant legally keep any anime that gets lisenced. So how are you going to watch those. Either you pay for them (either pay by download off amazon which isnt too bad for shorter series) or watch them on streaming websites.

Whether it's been licensed or not it still is copyright infringement, Crunchyroll themselves licences a lot of anime and subs it with the anime studios. The licence tend to be by region and a good few of Crunchyroll can't be watched in Ireland because someone else has the European license or they only had the license for a set county. When an anime is unlicensed by a third party it tends to mean that they were not making any money or trying to in that particular region, and the licence just allows another company to alter and sell the anime with some of the profits going back to Japan.

When a Hollywood movie comes out in the states first every other country isn't allow to download it as long as it's before the local release date, i'm not trying to attach you but your not safe from any repercussions that could results from this and i don't think you know how the licencing works and why some sites are safe or ignored and others are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

que.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh lordy.

I leave for a one day and y'all go mad :P

Ah no, just kidding. But OP, this sort of thread is not allowed in here. Discussing any shape or form of illegal downloading of anime is against the rules of our charter - and of boards.ie. All that legal stuff.

Here is not the place to look for someone to help you out with your illegal site I'm afraid.

Thread locked.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that recruitment is totally against the rules of boards.ie. Any further requests for people to work on your site, certainly without mod consultation beforehand, will be met with infractions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement