Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could go back....!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Art does indeed have the lowest percentage in A's but I think it just needs to be said that that's mostly because of the out-dated course. It's the only practical subject without any form of project work. We have one day practical exams. In subjects like Engineerig and construction speed of work should be rewarded but in Art you cant expect everyone to be a fast worker. I'm fairly decent at drawing but I'm very precise and slow so the course doesn't suit me. Anyway, back on topic...

Music is definitely worth doing if you're good at an instrument. I know some people in my school treat it as a doss class but if you treat it like any other subject and actually do the work and study the theory a good grade is easily achievable. You already have 50% done with the practical so well worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

I would seriously recommend doing both biology and chemistry if you ever intend to do a science based course! In college they jump right into the hard stuff, presuming you know the basics from LC so if you don't you're screwed :o

If I could go back I would pick both, my first year of college (doing science) has been so hard with only one science.

That said, the physics we've done in college was fine with the maths and chemistry i had, so isn't (in my opinion) as important for a science based course - and I got a C1 after a lot of struggle in LC honours maths so I didn't have any advantage for physics

Advertisement