Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek episodes which just make you switch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I hate that, they should have just called him O'Connor :D

+1
    Or maybe "Han Solo-alike".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

syklops wrote: »
    Other people who qualify for said rule, are Botswana(luxwana) Troy, Neelix, Q(I hate Q), Alexander, children in general, Reg, and Bajoran religious figures.

Oh you forgot one:
    [Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    I couldn't remember it by the title, but see here. Pretty bad episode alright.

Thanks for that, JBnaglfar. I know the episode now - its pretty cringe-worthy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

The Royale, Rascals, Liaisons, Dark Page, Masks, Outrageous Okana, Up the Long Ladder, Code of Honor, Birthright: all awful TNG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sub Rosa.....awful awful stuff.

Worst episode of any Star Trek ever!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Shades of Grey, the terrible clip show episode at the end of TNG's second season. It was slapped together at the last minute due the writers' strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

TNG's Children episodes were among the worst offenders.
    Children and sci-fi almost never go together except in very special cases like Ender's Game.
    • Wesley steps on flowers
    • Planet kidnaps Enterprise's children.
    • Deanna squeezes mystery child out
    • Data befriends alien girl kid on volcano planet - that was painful.
    • "Entity" comforts newly orphaned boy
    • Data makes lal
    • Human boy raised by non-humans must decide where he belongs
    • Picard stuck in a turbolift with kids
    • Worf parenting episode 1
    • Orphan boy pretends he's an android
    • Work parenting episode 2, this time with Lwaxana, yay
    • Girl's imaginary friend is real
    • Rascals
    • Worf parenting episode 3

Goldstein wrote: »
    TNG's Children episodes were among the worst offenders.
    Children and sci-fi almost never go together except in very special cases like Ender's Game.
    • Wesley steps on flowers
    • Planet kidnaps Enterprise's children.
    • Deanna squeezes mystery child out
    • Data befriends alien girl kid on volcano planet - that was painful.
    • "Entity" comforts newly orphaned boy
    • Data makes lal
    • Human boy raised by non-humans must decide where he belongs
    • Picard stuck in a turbolift with kids
    • Worf parenting episode 1
    • Orphan boy pretends he's an android
    • Work parenting episode 2, this time with Lwaxana, yay
    • Girl's imaginary friend is real
    • Rascals
    • Worf parenting episode 3

The Offspring is a cracking episode. Great emotion in the penultimate scene. I think it's widely regarded as a triumph. "The Bonding" is very good too I think.

Just going through season 3 now. Have been able to watch them all except "The Price" and "Captain's Holiday". I really dislike all the Troi and almost all the Ferengi episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Tremelo wrote: »
    Just going through season 3 now. Have been able to watch them all except "The Price" and "Captain's Holiday".
    Always hated that episode. I found Picard's behaviour very out of character. I never bought for a second that he ever go on a holiday or that he would fall for a woman like Vash. The whole premise was so contrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

****in hell, Id forgotten all about lal. Should I go back and refresh my memory of her and her fate? Hmm, thats strange there is a subroutine, attached to the EPS conduit of my positronic matrix telling me "Dont even think about it!".

From what I remember, something happens to her in a way, that he cant rebuild her? Did he use some unique part of himself that he could not replicate to make her, and somehow with out it he is fine, but with out it she is little more than a teasmaid?

Yeah kids in scifi usually suck. And tbh artificial intelligence in scifi tends to suck too. Couple the two together and you have set course for disaster. The only AI units that were ok, apart from Star Wars droids, Marvin from Hitchhiker, and the none-carbon based life forms in Red Dwarf, all of whom take the piss out of themselves most of the time.
    Orphan boy pretends he's an android

See above.
    Worf parenting episode 1
    Worf parenting episode 3

I am going to make it easier for you, and say Worf parenting episode *. They really screwed up Alexander. They should have made him a she(Although for a long time I thought he was). They could have had a lot more fun with him/her. The slow transition from sweet Klingon girl-child into fiery Klingon teenager. Klingon female puberty is the stuff of Shakespearean tragedy. Think cat in heat meets Klingon moodiness, Vulcan contempt for everyone, and at times malfunctioning-emotion chip Data-esque, malfunctioning emotions. It could have been great!

Let me also add in Naiomi Wilder, and in particular, anything to do with 7 of 9 befriending her.

In fact, once I discovered this thing called the internet where you can look at pictures and videos of 7 of 9 with out her interacting with anyone, I started turning eps with her in them off too. If she looked less like Lara Croft and more like Lando Calrissian, I wonder how long she would have lasted?

• Advertisement

"A Matter of Time" and "Menage a Troi". Also, I am sick of "Relics".

Romulan Hair cuts

"A Matter of Time" and "Menage a Troi". Also, I am sick of "Relics".

Blatant bait and switch tactics that one. ;)

I didn't even want to think about the weakest Voyager eps cos they'd make TNG's "Pen Pals" look like "In the Pale Moonlight" meets BSG's "Exodus Part II"

What about that Voyager episode where the Darby O Gill village on their holodeck became selfaware or something.

That was painful. Begosh and begorrah

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

All Klingon crap. Why didn't they all just die out after Khitomer....whhyyy? God (or Khaless) knows why their blasted soundtrack has continued uo to the feckin last TNG film.

Klingon=overkill. If I ever HAVE to see Worf again....

( oh look....it's Deirdre Chambers...what a coincidence....)

"The Cost of Living" - atrocious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Any episode involving Vic ****ing Fontaine.

Surion wrote: »
    All Klingon crap. Why didn't they all just die out after Khitomer....whhyyy? God (or Khaless) knows why their blasted soundtrack has continued uo to the feckin last TNG film.

TNGs Klingon story arcs were great though!

Redemption, Reunion, Sins of the Father.

Haha, they were the best of an awful lot, rest of which was crap!!! Nemesis was great in only that we got to see some cool Romulan thingys and NO K's lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Haha, they were the best of an awful lot, rest of which was crap!!! Nemesis was great in only that we got to see some cool Romulan thingys and NO K's lol

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

The voyager two-parter where the dad from that 70's show (aka the President of the Federation) was the bad guy, using time as his weapon!
    Serious cringe!

nebo wrote: »
    The voyager two-parter where the dad from that 70's show (aka the President of the Federation) was the bad guy, using time as his weapon!
    Serious cringe!

I liked Year of Hell....

The way Voyager was, is always how she should've been.

Serious cringe!

Don't worry about it, those episodes didn't happen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Serious cringe!

:eek:

one of the better ones tbh, and probably the only time Voyage looked in anyway like a ship on the go for years, in numerous fights, without any heavy repairs.

I think that in general the Klingons became too generic. The Undiscovered Country gave us sophisticated, intellectual, samurai-esque Klingons; I would like to have seen more of that throughout DS9. That said, I thought that "Soldiers of the Empire" was excellent, precisely because it showed us some different types of Klingons.

I think that in general the Klingons became too generic. The Undiscovered Country gave us sophisticated, intellectual, samurai-esque Klingons; I would like to have seen more of that throughout DS9. That said, I thought that "Soldiers of the Empire" was excellent, precisely because it showed us some different types of Klingons.

Well they did same thing to klingons as all the bad ass aliens.
    Start out bad ass fearsome warriors know throught the universe for their fightinh prowess and then next thing you know a fat bearded Riker is taking them on 6 at a time and banging their women.
    They did same thing to Borg and Species 8472 and those other badass hunter guys in Voyager. Turned them all into housepets

Here here. Brown thumbs, I'm thinking! Anything voyager series touched, is great disappointment. Though Torres was great character, she was only real character / Klingon I liked.

Down with Worf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Though Torres was great character, she was only real character / Klingon I liked.

Down with Worf!

:confused:............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

The one with Wesley Crusher in it...............:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

EnterNow wrote: »
    :confused:............:eek:

Seconded. Half human half Klingon, part latino(?) Torres, seemed to inherit all the unattractive traits of humans, and all the unattractive traits of klingons, to end with a moody, illogical, bitchy, er, bitch.

Advertisement