Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House burnt down on Rush main Street - Russian Mafia to blame

Options
  • 01-05-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Or so the absolute morons of this town will have you believe. This town is a breed all of its own. There's genuine folks about the place, of course. But for the most part it's made up of absolute numptys.

I'm sure if the Russian Mafia actually operated in these parts they'd have much better things to do than burn down random dilapidated properties.

foilhats_400.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Epic thread title!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Russian mafia you serious who said this, was walking by it today and the first thing I though was insurance scam. The scinical comming out in me. What actually happened do you. It looks like it should be pulled down its in bits. This is the second building now burnt, the laundry being the first wonder if its linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Russian mafia you serious who said this, was walking by it today and the first thing I though was insurance scam. The scinical comming out in me. What actually happened do you. It looks like it should be pulled down its in bits. This is the second building now burnt, the laundry being the first wonder if its linked.

Its the second time that property has been lit aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

LOL, I love these things. My favourite question is "who told you that".

There is rarely a true response that isnt a stutter... "the... the.. postman's sisters' half cousin who saw the whole thing from his seat on the space shuttle...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Russian or Rush Mafia?

• Advertisement

Ruski. As in, originating in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

LOL, I love these things. My favourite question is "who told you that".

There is rarely a true response that isnt a stutter... "the... the.. postman's sisters' half cousin who saw the whole thing from his seat on the space shuttle...

:D

Jeasus leave the postman out of it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Silly Rushians..

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Everyone knows thats where the "real" Barack Obama bin Laden was in hiding, sure wasn't it in the Rush Times

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MartinAnt

This town is a breed all of its own. There's genuine folks about the place, of course. But for the most part it's made up of absolute numptys.

Hi there,

Just wondering what do you mean by this comment, is Rush a rough place, or getting that way? Its an area that I am looking at moving to. How does it compare with Lusk or other nearby areas. Sorry if its getting off topic, just want to get a feel for the place, and no better way than ask the people who know it best.

Cheers,
    MartinAnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please start another thread.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

PS i thought it was the italian mafia when it was rumored that the house was to be turned into another chipper!:D

Sadly the Russian Mafia struck again last weekend with the burning down of the recently bought Knockdromin House. Modern day residents would know it as Peels House but older residents of the area would know it as Figgis House or Beau House.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rush-Needs-You/115079605204194#!/photo.php?fbid=213537298691757&set=pu.115079605204194&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rush-Needs-You/115079605204194#!/photo.php?fbid=213537248691762&set=pu.115079605204194&type=1&theater

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

serial arsonist in the area it would seem to me.

Morphéus wrote: »
    serial arsonist in the area it would seem to me.

Seems to be, not that I am implying but out of genuine interest does anyone know do they do psychological testing of members of the fire service in Ireland? I know they do it in certain parts of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The good folk in the Emergency Services forum would be able to answer that for you very quickly.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    The good folk in the Emergency Services forum would be able to answer that for you very quickly.

Thanks, just did now, do they have so many sub forums it might be pinged around before it finds a home.

Where's that?

Where's that?

The house?

Yeah, I'm having a hard time placing it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm having a hard time placing it.

Iron gate usually locked with gatehouse behind it. just on the left before the train station and Martins Lane on the right coming from Rush. You cant really see the house from the road.

Advertisement