Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange stuff in my water

Options
  • 01-05-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just recently I noticed small amounts of this organic-looking material in my cold water supply. Looks like tiny strands of seaweed or some kind of plant. Brown-orange-ish in colour, varies from 1-3mm in length (a rough guesstimate). Noticed it first on Saturday, and right now I can take any glass of water from the tap and be guaranteed to catch some. Anyone else ever seen/heard anything like this? I'm living in the Glasnevin North area. What should I do to find the source of this stuff?

As an extra note: It only seems to be in the house's cold water tap in the kitchen, the hot water tap and any other taps in the house seem unaffected, but I'm told the kitchen's cold water tap should be separate to the others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Contact Dublin City Council. AFAIK they do all the water testing for the greater Dublin area. I had cause to contact them once about my supply & they were very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Wouldn't fancy drinking that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The hot water tap will be coming from your tank so it wont be same supply. Don't drink that either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Think I'll contact city council tuesday morning so. Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jillette

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just recently I noticed small amounts of this organic-looking material in my cold water supply. Looks like tiny strands of seaweed or some kind of plant. Brown-orange-ish in colour, varies from 1-3mm in length (a rough guesstimate). Noticed it first on Saturday, and right now I can take any glass of water from the tap and be guaranteed to catch some. Anyone else ever seen/heard anything like this? I'm living in the Glasnevin North area. What should I do to find the source of this stuff?

As an extra note: It only seems to be in the house's cold water tap in the kitchen, the hot water tap and any other taps in the house seem unaffected, but I'm told the kitchen's cold water tap should be separate to the others.

We had this around about the same time, in the same area(ish), but it seemed to clear up after a few hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement