Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man struck by lightning caught-on-tape?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Lol my brother showed me a vid like this the other day someone struck while on a bike :eek:it looked real but then after he fell off his bike he got struck again as if lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Is this for real, you would think this guy should be fryed!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-20058682-10391705.html

I should not laugh but that video is f**king hilarious. Thanks for brightening up my day :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I think we can let this one off with and Oscar nomination for acting. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Crazy video :) Would it be possible though?? Surely he would have been burned in some way. We need some lightning experts to clear this up for us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Crazy video :) Would it be possible though??

No. Not possible the way this video is portrayed, it's a cartoon. At least the man would be unconscious and would stay this way until resuscitated, your heart stops as it is electrically shorted.

In cases of direct contact one's heart can explode, and one's blood boil.

Close contact will leave burns and internal injuries and brain damage in almost all circumstances the victim is paralysised and will not [usually] recover on their own ~ reports of close shaves with strikes on objects close by but not directly at the victim, as in strikes in playing fields demonstrate the concept of victims collapse.

Finally, if the video recorder was this close, it'd have fried and the data magnetised ~ ie, erased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There was a programme on one of the Discovery channels about people who survived lightning strikes. There was a guy out running in the rain in Liverpool when he got struck. He survived with just a mark of where his gold neck chain fried. The fact that he was so wet at the time (rain + sweat), the charge wass conducted along the outside surface of his body, as opposed to through the centre of it and the heart. This saved his life.

This, on the other hand, is a fake! :D

Advertisement