Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little signs that the recession is over

• 01-05-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

Over the past few weeks I've noticed a lot more people shopping around the city centre and also in my local shopping centre (thats people actually with new purchases in bags rather than just window shopping), and also a few people I know have just changed jobs recently (meaning there are new jobs out there, and also people are feeling more confident about changing jobs). And in my area a few houses that had "For Sale" signs are now sold or have "Sale Agreed" signs. And just today I was walking around town and saw several staff wanted signs in various places.

Maybe its the weather but I just feel a lot of people seems to be just more cheerful, hopeful and optimistic about the future.

Anyone else spotting little signs that the recession is now actually over ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I've seen a few builders skips around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Today announced about 1500 fewer people on the live register. Small but hey at least its getting that bit better:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

4 of my friends have recently gotten jobs after being on the dole for a good few months

Advertisement