Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to save sent messages on boards?

Options
  • 01-05-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Have been replying to people by PM on this but cannot seem to have my sent messages kept in the folder. How do i do that?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

In the User CP, under edit options, in the private message section in the middle, the bottom option should be ticked, "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭faganlesley

the bottom option should be ticked, "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

I have the private messgage bit in the middle but none of the above is there to have that option

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Could you post a screenshot please?

sound like an idiot but how do I do that?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

Point 10 on there should show you how.

• Advertisement

private.php

Cant figure it out thanks anyway will just have to not have saved message!!

Cant figure it out thanks anyway will just have to not have saved message!!

You tried to put img tags around a link to your PM screen. You need to make an image of it first. Try opening the CP to show the options, then press printscreen. Open MS Paint or the like and press paste. Save that image somewhere locally on your PC. Then try somewhere like imageshack.us to upload it. It'll also give you pre-prepared links.

Link removed.

think i did it right!!

I need a screenshot of what appears in the edit options menu though, the private messsages options specifically.

That link shows the contents of your PMs, do you want me to remove it?

• Advertisement

yes please remove it will do it right this time, your very helpful thanks

What I need to see is how these are set

pmoptions.th.jpg

Thank you so much for your help I figured it out so now i will have saved message. Thanks again !!!!

Advertisement