Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cordless drill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

If you could widen your choice and budget a little, your could get a decent dew alt 18v with two batteries for not a lot more, in b&q and the likes, the big advantage being the added strength of the batteries and considerably less charge time, to answer your question though I'd pick the Bosch as with the other your also paying for the added extras that are taking away from the valve of the drill...just my half crowns worth.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

There's noting wrong with the bosch one, although its more a screw driver that will do basic drilling tasks. I've had a bosch one myself for the last 15 years and its been very good and still in use today.

You should try get one with a min of an 18V battery and hammer action. You won't drill massive holes with it, but you'll certainly drill 5 or 6mm holes for putting up things around the house. Its also very handy when your on a ladder not to have extension cords etc...

I would try for a bosch, ryobi, mikita or dewalt cordless, you won't pay much more than the €70 in argos but get a much better one that will last ages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

If its just for diy the argos 18v will be fine, look at the recharge time when buying cordless as 3.5 hours will not allow for battery change without downtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

cheers for the input guys. i all ready have a good corded hammer action drill 1000w (i think) for drilling any heavy stuff. the cordless would be mainly used for screws and small holes in timber and wont be in constant use.. i don't really have much to spend so cant afford more expencive ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

See are B&Q still doing the Dwalt 18volt drill, comes with 2 battery's, think I paid about 120, it's an excellent top brand drill, you won't find a better bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

there is no b& near me and anyway 120 is twice my budget

Advertisement