Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Help!!

Options
  • 01-05-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey Guys, I hope someone can help me with this, it's really worrying me. I'm currently in 2nd year.
    So what happens if I get 4 or more E grades, I know I can't compensate for more than 3, but with 4, do I have to do semester x, or repeat the year, or can I continue into 3rd year as normal and do the repeats at Christmas?
    Also if I can continue into 3rd year with the repeats what happens with the grant?
    I can't find any real information anywhere!
    Please help!! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

You can compensate if your GPA is high enough. From what we were told, you are able to continue on still carrying a module, you could be in final year and still be carrying a first year module and not be able to graduate until you pass it!

Not sure how it works in medicine or whatever you're doing, it could be completely different for all I know! But thats as much as I remember from our science talk... Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

DocToBe wrote: »
    Hey Guys, I hope someone can help me with this, it's really worrying me. I'm currently in 2nd year.
    So what happens if I get 4 or more E grades, I know I can't compensate for more than 3, but with 4, do I have to do semester x, or repeat the year, or can I continue into 3rd year as normal and do the repeats at Christmas?
    Also if I can continue into 3rd year with the repeats what happens with the grant?
    I can't find any real information anywhere!
    Please help!! :o

Email your course cordinator because it varies from course to course and module to module.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

In the compensation thread last week, I posted this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71965592&postcount=7

Advertisement