Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 2

Options
  • 01-05-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

Dusted off the old CDs and have decided to give this a fair whack, never really did, always played as a barbarian and got quickly bored.

Gonna play it again as a necromancer. I assume the community have come up with some nifty mods so what are the best? I got the hi res one. Is there a big inventory one out there? I forgot how ridiculously small it was, bit of a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Dusted off the old CDs and have decided to give this a fair whack, never really did, always played as a barbarian and got quickly bored.

Gonna play it again as a necromancer. I assume the community have come up with some nifty mods so what are the best? I got the hi res one. Is there a big inventory one out there? I forgot how ridiculously small it was, bit of a joke.

Diablo 2 is a perfect game. Don't dare insult it like that!

No need mods for that masterpiece. Real man go on battle.net and play hc mode! Them make mf sorca. Fully equip it with expensive gear and then die because of lag on your way to mephisto.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Diablo 2 is a perfect game. Don't dare insult it like that!

No need mods for that masterpiece. Real man go on battle.net and play hc mode! Them make mf sorca. Fully equip it with expensive gear and then die because of lag on your way to mephisto.... ;)

Lol yeah, you're thinking this is so easy, i'll never die, then suddenly lag, dead.
    :mad:

Re-roll

Spunge wrote: »
    Lol yeah, you're thinking this is so easy, i'll never die, then suddenly lag, dead.
    :mad:

Re-roll

Oh god I had so many nerd rages lol :))). A few of my friends even quoted playing d2.because of that :)

Amazing game thought. Mmorpg of that time technically. Loved trade system and no bind to soul stuff like wow.

Cant wait for d3, dumped go it's coming late this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Duels for Ears!

'They didn't take vows of chastity in my day ya know' -Decard Cain

I miss the days of LAN game 5guys one sitting = boom!! Lagging up the place when the Necro raises 10skeletons in the crappy tunnels in Luth Gholain(?)

Small Charm of Luck! +7 to all skills?

Cant wait for number 3!

Duels for Ears!

'They didn't take vows of chastity in my day ya know' -Decard Cain

I miss the days of LAN game 5guys one sitting = boom!! Lagging up the place when the Necro raises 10skeletons in the crappy tunnels in Luth Gholain(?)

Small Charm of Luck! +7 to all skills?

Cant wait for number 3!

Ah damn... I could not even play necro on my pc when d2 came out... Pentium 1 200mhz 32 ram 2mb video card... It's was like a slide show! Damn I loved that game...

Blizzard... Please...finger out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

High res mod eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Ah damn... I could not even play necro on my pc when d2 came out... Pentium 1 200mhz 32 ram 2mb video card... It's was like a slide show! Damn I loved that game...

Blizzard... Please...finger out....

Ah man I know what you mean, most ours couldnt either. We had to go to a net cafe to play with that many. Epic nights of 6/7hour sitting running through whole game, epic duels!!

Me and one other mate in particular got obssesed by the game had full lvl 70 characters.
    I was a Paladin he was a Barbarian and we then got the charms, you remember them? We made it through Normal and Nightmare difficulty then went to Hell difficulty and even the minnow enemies in the first arear slaughtered us as they were Immune to lightening and some immune to physical....haha laughing thinking baout it now.. so was complete disaster but IMMENSE fun!

Also we had the funniest duel ever.. i would keep castin thorns so anytime he hit me it hit himself back but because my health was slightly higher he would die and I would live every single time! only way he could actually hurt me without dying was to use Jump... ensuring a long battle.. or of coudl use Fist of God(?) and xap im to death lol

Dang.... soooo... wanna play it now!!I'm blaming you ShadowHearth

Ah man I know what you mean, most ours couldnt either. We had to go to a net cafe to play with that many. Epic nights of 6/7hour sitting running through whole game, epic duels!!

Me and one other mate in particular got obssesed by the game had full lvl 70 characters.
    I was a Paladin he was a Barbarian and we then got the charms, you remember them? We made it through Normal and Nightmare difficulty then went to Hell difficulty and even the minnow enemies in the first arear slaughtered us as they were Immune to lightening and some immune to physical....haha laughing thinking baout it now.. so was complete disaster but IMMENSE fun!

Also we had the funniest duel ever.. i would keep castin thorns so anytime he hit me it hit himself back but because my health was slightly higher he would die and I would live every single time! only way he could actually hurt me without dying was to use Jump... ensuring a long battle.. or of coudl use Fist of God(?) and xap im to death lol

Dang.... soooo... wanna play it now!!I'm blaming you ShadowHearth

Haha man. I still got it! Installed and working on my pc :) . Some of us go play it now and then. Very popular thing to do: have characters only for dual playing. Me ad one friend played AMA and barb only when together. With ather friend I was source he was pala. Rule is: only play them when together. No grinding on your own. Still fun as hell! Then we had chars that we play all 3 together. Somehow we managed to get a full low level set. That sword shield helm chest. Can't remember name... So anyway he was our tank basically! Then gues what: he managed to die with all set in his hand on mephisto and we could not get the stuff back lol. Ah nerd rage lol.

I so love that game. I really hope blizzard will make it more d2ish then wowish :(

Advertisement