Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 CAO/Leaving Cert discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

unknown13 wrote: »
    It is a hard one to say because I have done practical subjects and they are pretty different and are based around an artefact being presented to an examiner. You might not have liked them and ended up doing Science teaching in Limerick.

I was told by a poster on boards after I accepted my place in UCD that: "Everything happens for a reason".

Oh I'm not saying I'm not glad I'm doing Science Ed, I am! I'm just saying, if things had been different...

I actually did Art as well as the three sciences and I loved all the Architectural(sp?) parts and refused to study anything but those for my written paper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Naaa, you're not :)

Sorry, that's just pressure talking.

*stays positive*

A1 A1 A1 A1 A1.

I can't wait for the exams to be over. However, if Hopkins/Wordsworth doesn't come up, I will break someone/thing. IT'S YOUR YEAR WORDSWORTH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MindYourNose

I just cant study for the leaving . its wednesday and iv bearly touched a book ... how are people coping with the higher level goegraphy ? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

*stays positive*

A1 A1 A1 A1 A1.

I can't wait for the exams to be over. However, if Hopkins/Wordsworth doesn't come up, I will break someone/thing. IT'S YOUR YEAR WORDSWORTH!!!

Hopkins is awesome, and nobody seems to like him, so if he does come up you'll be well sorted as a teacher would be pleasantly surprised to see something other then the generic female/Irish poet answers! :)

And you'll be graaaaand! I have faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

*stays positive*

A1 A1 A1 A1 A1.

Just remember the LC is not the end of the World, there is backdoors into most things. If things all go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Hopkins is awesome, and nobody seems to like him, so if he does come up you'll be well sorted as a teacher would be pleasantly surprised to see something other then the generic female/Irish poet answers! :)

And you'll be graaaaand! I have faith.

Hopkins is awesome. Yeats is too. The only 2 poets I actually kinda enjoy :P
    But Wordsworth I've learnt off to a tee. Either one would do though :)

As ya, thats what my teacher said too. I'd stand out, hopefully :P

Ah shur, I'll take it as it comes. I'm usually calm up until the day of the exam :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'm gonna have a banger over home-ec. It's actually gonna undermine my whole fricking leaving:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'd stand out, hopefully :P
    Nevah! :P :D

(You'll be fine, chief, just take it one day at a time! ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Good luck to everyone sitting their exams tomorrow. Just remember to breathe and stay calm and you'll be fine. Soon you'll be FREEEEEEEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Paper 1 tomorrow, I'm not afraid of that!
    Paper 2.. I'm royally fecked.
    Maths: I'll study that like a boss.
    Irish: I only needa pass, miniscule attention.
    Biology: Cram like a boss.
    Business: Cram like a super boss.
    French: Ha! I do ordinary, it's too easy!
    History: OL. B1, didnt even open a book. A1 for the leaving.

I have my gameplan. I'm nervous as fook,i dont even know where to start for English ;_;

I'm not even sure if Colaiste Ide are still doing interviews :/
    I NEED 325. Anyone wanna sit my Leaving Cert? I'll pay in hug and i make a good cuppa.

• Advertisement

If anyone needs a hand with Biology or Physics, just shout!! I'm already putting stuff together for people so it's no hassle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Why haven't I studied :( Am I the only person that's started having "those" dreams? The latest being that I overslept and missed english paper and reaslised I'd failed english and would have to repeat :(

Why haven't I studied :( Am I the only person that's started having "those" dreams? The latest being that I overslept and missed english paper and reaslised I'd failed english and would have to repeat :(
    I'm having dreams of predictions coming through and of me working ever so hard later on and tomorrow etc and i come out with 5 more points thaan i need. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

marko93 wrote: »
    I'm having dreams of predictions coming through and of me working ever so hard later on and tomorrow etc and i come out with 5 more points thaan i need. >_<

Hmmh, sounds like a decent dream to me :P

Hmmh, sounds like a decent dream to me :P
    But it'll never happen ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm waaaay chill

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Good luck to everyone starting the Leaving Cert tomorrow, and Slow Show with the Junior Cert, you'll be grand! Just drink load of water during the next two weeks and don't stress!! Enjoy it, cause it actually can be great craic, this applys especially for Slow Show! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

No pressure lads, just remember that everything you will ever do will be decided over the following weeks. No pressure though.

Anyone live near enough to Davidius to go kick him?! :p

As if they weren't bad enough sans his stirring!!!!11! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Enjoy it, cause it actually can be great craic, this applys especially for Slow Show! :)
    Shshshshsh! Why especially Slow Show?! It'll be great craic for us all! ENGLISH PAPER 1, WAAHHEEEYY! Oh, mighty!

*rocks back and forth biting nails*

Nah serious, g'luck to everyone doing exams tomorrow (like me! Your good buddy jumpguy is sufferin' too). I'm a tad nervous about English because my writing quality varies from the level of whoever writes Obama's speechs to a Senior Infant. However, my actual penmanship never varies from that of a Senior Infant.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when the grant application forms become available? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Good luck to all Junior & Leaving Cert students tomorrow and for the rest of the exams.

I hope I will be seeing some of yous in UCD in September.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the grant application forms become available? :confused:
    usually July but find out when documentation you're gonna need coz the tax office can be awful slow.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    usually July but find out when documentation you're gonna need coz the tax office can be awful slow.

Yeah I have all of them ready, just waiting for the forms now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Good luck to everyone who needs it far more than I do! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Good luck you guys! You will all do amazing :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Good luck everyone :)

G'luck to all! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Good luck C&H'rs! And all the other gazillion people trawling through the LC forum right now :P

Make sure you come back here after English and tell us how great you did before we shoo you all away from analysing it! :)

Also, go to bed early. Get off boards NOW. NOWWWW!

• Advertisement

I'm still online.. trololololol

Advertisement