Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 CAO/Leaving Cert discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I know your pain Marko:(

I needed 500 to get any of my top 3...not a hope in hell now. I've no problem doing Arts, which is what I'll probably do, but it would have been so much easier to just go the direct route into my preferred career.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I know your pain Marko:(

I needed 500 to get any of my top 3...not a hope in hell now. I've no problem doing Arts, which is what I'll probably do, but it would have been so much easier to just go the direct route into my preferred career.

What is it you want to do? :)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    What is it you want to do? :)

Speech & language therapy is my first choice, and then occupational therapy. They're really interesting fields in healthcare. I'll probably do a post-grad in one or the other when it comes to it!:)

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Speech & language therapy is my first choice, and then occupational therapy. They're really interesting fields in healthcare. I'll probably do a post-grad in one or the other when it comes to it!:)

My best friend(and adoptive son)'s GF is doing OT! Where do you wanna go to college?

My best friend(and adoptive son)'s GF is doing OT! Where do you wanna go to college?

UCC! It's all I have down on the CAO since I can't and don't have any real desire to leave Cork. Yes, I do adhere to the stereotype:P:pac:

At this stage, as long as I'm doing anything in September, I'll be happy enough:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

And if you're gonna be all hyper-sensitive about that then ring Joe Duffy or something.
    With all due respect Mr. Wrench, I really don't think I'm the one who's hyper-sensitive judging between my post and your replies.

If I wanted to ring Joe Duffy, by golly gosh you can be assured I'd ring him. Alas, I don't have any desire to run up my phone bill.
    I think jumpguy's point is probably a bit annoying when he needs serious points for medicine and he gets told that if shouldn't be rote learning things because of some educational ideals.
    No, it's nothing to do with that. I'd say the same if I was going for 50 points.
    But according to jumpguy I was implying the LC didn't require much work and THAT was what pissed me off about his post.
    No, I did not imply that. I said, in summary "the LC requires more than rote learning. Rote learning will only get you so far." No where did I state or even imply "Knifewrench, you're wrong there, stop saying the LC doesn't require much work." You had no good basis for responding to my post like you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I never said rote learning was ALL that was required, just that the LC is geared towards rote learning and it's generally most of what is required. True, rote learning only takes you so far, but in the case of the LC it's usually far enough.

Sorry if you think I overreacted or whatever. Admittedly I am really tetchy at the moment and my head is a bit all over the place. I just don't like being misinterpreted and it's happening to me a lot recently, which is why I got a little annoyed. It's like I'm unable to explain myself properly to anyone.....but yeah, I shouldn't have snapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Why am i still here D:
    I should be studying.
    Can i get like a temp ban till the 16th? >_>

Has everyone seen that?? =/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I heard about that. Cheating is wrong and such, etc. , but whoever started that is some bitch tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Wow. Thats awful. She's in trouble now though coz the SEC will defo catch onto it :o

Fooking hell! :eek: I don't know what shocks me more...the cheating or the violent tone of the one who started it!:P

What they're doing is pretty cruel. but I can't stand cheaters.

Ah but shur, we've all cheated at least once in our lives (maybe not in state exams but still!). But what they're doing is cruel :eek: If they have such a problem with it, anonymously report it to someone. Not anonymously be a fookin bitch!

Linking to her page is just despicable too...

Slow Show wrote: »
    Linking to her page is just despicable too...

That seems to be the new like trend =/
    evil comment+profile link

Cheating in the State Exams is a serious business. Does she not realise she could be banned from sitting them for like 5 years if she's caught!?:eek:
    It'd be better to fail it honestly and repeat than try to cheat!

But yeah, that b!tch shouldn't be making it such a public matter. Anonymous is the way to go if she has such a problem with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

She probably didn't even cheat...:/ Sounds like the kind of page certain people would have made about me last year. Whoever made it is probably just a seriously jealous and vindictive person.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No prizes for guessing what they'll be talking bleating about on Live Line this week then...

There were girls cheating in out LC, more than one person reported it to the principal, but OF COURSE nothing was done.

• Advertisement

There were girls cheating in out LC, more than one person reported it to the principal, but OF COURSE nothing was done.

Probably didn't want to bring down the reputation of the school or something!

I don't get how people think it's a good idea to cheat though...surely if you're gonna fail, a few notes in a hoodie aren't gonna make much of a difference? It'd hardly bring you up to an A!:confused:

Ya like she did it for Irish like?! I'm gonna fail my irish paper 1 tomorrow but it isn't as if a few notes in my hoodie could save me :o

Wait...she put notes in her hoody for Irish? But Irish Paper 1 for LC is tomorrow...no? Unless this is a JC link? In which case, wow...I can't imagine anyone my age being as vindictive as to do that, it's not as if they're distressed about college places or anything. Although cheating in the JC is quite retarded (if, in fact, the claims are true).

Heh, turns out I have 17 mutual friends with the person who made the page, small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Smells like a load of bullshít to me anyway.

Will have to avoid the Circle tomorrow. Probability and stats questions better be alright.

FUN FUN FUN, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND.

jumpguy wrote: »

Will have to avoid the Circle tomorrow. Probability and stats questions better be alright.

I puuuuuuure love paper two. Some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

jumpguy wrote: »

I have no choice in this paper... I can't do probability so I hope the circle is ok:/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

There are already pages made by other people about those pages... This has gone viral people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Heh, turns out I have 17 mutual friends with the person who made the page, small world!

How do you find that out???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

How did you find who made it? :L

Advertisement