Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 CAO/Leaving Cert discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've edited out the links to the facebook groups. There's no evidence that what'd being claimed is in anyway true, and any way those facebook groups are essentially playing a big part in internet bullying, which with this being C&H may end up being a serious thing for someone reading the forum. General discussion on the topic of cheating is allowed, however please don't link to any more facebook pages of that nature.

Kateos2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I have no choice in this paper... I can't do probability so I hope the circle is ok:/
    I have only 1 extra question, unless the Circle is ridiculously easy altogether (or I remember it better than I think I do)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Slow Show wrote: »
    Wait...she put notes in her hoody for Irish? But Irish Paper 1 for LC is tomorrow...no? Unless this is a JC link? In which case, wow...I can't imagine anyone my age being as vindictive as to do that, it's not as if they're distressed about college places or anything. Although cheating in the JC is quite retarded (if, in fact, the claims are true).

Ya, shes in Junior Cert. I know the school, and know of some of the people in question through other people.

You'd have to be incredibly stupid to cheat in a state exam, especially the JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

There are already pages made by other people about those pages... This has gone viral people.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    How did you find who made it? :L

Ah I was talking to one of the seventeen friends who know her, word travels fast. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Ya, shes in Junior Cert. I know the school, and know of some of the people in question through other people.

You'd have to be incredibly stupid to cheat in a state exam, especially the JC.

What are the consequences of cheating in the JC? Are you banned for 5 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

flyswatter wrote: »

As far as I know if you're caught cheating in any state exam you're not allowed sit any ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

flyswatter wrote: »

As far as I know, all state exams for 5 years. I'm not sure exactly what you have to be found doing...I have heard of people having certain results withheld from the JC results because of suspected cheating, but I don't think it had gotten too serious. Much worse for the LC I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's at the discretion of the Minister, on the advice of the SEC, to impose a ban and for how long. It's not often applied, unless in serious cases where there is no doubt whatsoever.

I would be somewhat surprised if it was invoked at Junior Cert level tbh.

One of the problems ofc is actually *proving* the allegation.

In this case, that girl is already being subjected to a far worse punishment than a ban from the state exams ... and who know whether there's any truth to it at all?

And if there's not, how on earth does she defend her good name? Everyone will automatically assume "no smoke without fire"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I wonder how often identical twins have done that.

• Advertisement

I often wonder about things identical twins would do ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Maths is looking okish for tomorrow. But jasus, im fecked for Irish.

marko93 wrote: »
    Maths is looking okish for tomorrow. But jasus, im fecked for Irish.
    Not being smart, but ... Get. Some. Sleep!! :p

G'luck! :)

Not being smart, but ... Get. Some. Sleep!! :p

G'luck! :)
    I couldnt sleep! ¬_¬
    Worst timing for myself to decide go fúck yourself you aint sleeping.
    Now im trying to figure out some yoke for the last question D:

Sorry for the double post.
    but maths, were you even trying? O.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Maths paper 2 was so easy :eek: :D

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Maths paper 2 was so easy :eek: :D
    thank fook!
    I've been home since 11 thinking i've messed up, or it was just so so easy :D

Maths paper 2 was very pleasant at honours too. A bit sickened I didn't get the (c) (iii) of the option (Q8). It was so simple...*sigh* I just know that'll have cost me a grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

OL Maths paper 2 was preety awesome :)
    HL Irish essays were really nice too (yay for a debate coming up on future of ireland!). I think i might pass irish now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Am absolutely ecstatic with both Irish and Maths HL today! Really was a confidence boosting day. Roll on Irish Paper 2 tomorrow and a good bit of cramming tonight :P

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, OL Irish was grand too today.

There was a comprehension on John Hume and an essay on "A person I have a lot of respect for" and I said...John Hume...and paraphrased the comprehension. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

jumpguy wrote: »
    Oh yeah, OL Irish was grand too today.

There was a comprehension on John Hume and an essay on "A person I have a lot of respect for" and I said...John Hume...and paraphrased the comprehension. :P

Now that's creative thinking! :P

There was an essay about leaders of the public in higher level and a comprehension on Mary Robinson. I wonder if anyone tried the same thing =P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I didn't like maths paper 2 at all!:( OL by the way! I doubt I got lower than a B1 or 2 but I really wanted the A1 after paper 1 going so well.

Irish was grand though! And the listening was a beaut!!! Definitely an A1 in the listening anyway!:D

Business tomorrow ;_;

Business tomorrow ;_;

Same. CREEEEEEEPY.

Same. CREEEEEEEPY.
    What questions ya gonna do?
    Or you just gonna wing it?

What questions ya gonna do?
    Or you just gonna wing it?

JC lolololol. But I have two papers so really I'm clearly the one under more pressure. :cool:

JC lolololol. But I have two papers so really I'm clearly the one under more pressure. :cool:
    JC? D:
    Damn you. That was such a fun paper. Got through it all without touching accounting. :cool:
    Ah sure, you'll do fine.

JC? D:
    Damn you. That was such a fun paper. Got through it all without touching accounting. :cool:
    Ah sure, you'll do fine.

Accounting is the best thing ever...I love it, so fun! :o Ah yeah sure it'll be graaaand.

• Advertisement

Accounting is the best thing ever...I love it, so fun! :o Ah yeah sure it'll be graaaand.
    Accounting was crap. Was the most boring and dull thing i've ever sat through, was good at it, but loord did I hate it.
    I have a whole book to study tonight. This should be hilarious.

Advertisement