Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 CAO/Leaving Cert discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd love some chicken nuggets right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Guys Im proud of ye all regardless of results, ye all survived one of the toughest years ever!

It's not the destination, its the journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Guys Im proud of ye all regardless of results, ye all survived one of the toughest years ever!

It's not the destination, its the journey :)

I'd prefer to reach my destination though tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I ate one chicken nugget.
    And now this chicken nugget clearly added along with some good aul nerves has me feeling sick.
    Stupid chicken nuggets.

Spilled my cereal on myself this morning, I cried! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Ah Ciara relax it'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Ah Ciara relax it'll be grand.

I cry far too easily anyway.. and it won't be grand.. but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I cry over everything atm too!

My boyfriend found out he has to work from 12 until 8 tomorrow, which is hours after I get my results, and I got upset cos I wanted him to myself tomorrow:o

Whenever my family bring up the results I get choked up.

I got upset when I was getting rid of all my books and notes cos I was afraid I was jinxing myself.

One of my friends posted a link jokingly on my fb page that said "Staying at home on results night drinking whiskey in a dark room" and I got very bad over it (in private:P).

Basically, I'm a pathetic, worked up wus:o

You will be grand Ciara, you'll be off to college in September and all of this sh!te will be a distant memory:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

YE'RE ALL GONNA FAILL!!!!!!!!!

loljk, Im sure it'll be grand!! But failure is not an option guys....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Hmmm... I normally don't get nervous about stuff but I'm becoming a bit jittery alright. It's worry more than anything else. And, unfortunately, I think it might be substantiated worry! The worst kind of worry there is :eek:

Won't sleep a wink tonight at this rate. I might be paying a visit to the Half Four in the Morning thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You're all best to just forget about it and focus on other things. Anyway it's the night before the CAO that you really want to be staying up stressing about, reserve your energy for that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Lawliet wrote: »
    You're all best to just forget about it and focus on other things. Anyway it's the night before the CAO that you really want to be staying up stressing about, reserve your energy for that ;)

+1 So true

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

I cry far too easily anyway.. and it won't be grand.. but thanks!
    Yes it will! Ciara you are going to get an unreal leavingcert and all the college's are going to have a fight over you because you're so smart! :D

Yes it will! Ciara you are going to get an unreal leavingcert and all the college's are going to have a fight over you because you're so smart! :D

Babes this is why you rock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

That will be all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I dont mean to sound like an ignorant tool. Maybe I've accpeted the fact I bottled it, but I'm more excited about the Inbetweeners movie o.o

BEST OF LUCK YOU GUYS D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I'm so nervous about tomorrow...oh, wait. :P

Best of luck, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Good luck guys :)
    /potters off to Pukkelpop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Which is a bit of a pointless statement, given that the CAO system means exactly the same amount of people will get courses whether the average LC score is 540 or 210, and so everyone can't be "lucky".

So what I really mean is, good luck to everyone I like (which is pretty much all of you in C&H, to varying extents) tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Good luck to all, be sure to update us! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I hope everyone is happy with their results tomorrow! :) Hopefully you all will be so you can finally relax and celebrate being finished school! \o/

I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow morning (should I be awake! :pac:). Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Good luck is probably a bit pointless, seeing as it's all been decided and a sheet with your exam number is lying in wait for you, but I'll say it anyway, GOOD LUCK. :) I really, really hope that there aren't any unhappy aaarrrggghhhh posts tomorrow and that everyone is happy with what they get. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

My stomach feels like it dropped but it's probably cos I ate dodgy pasta today

IT WAS SO GOOD AT THE TIME THOUGH

I wonder if I'll sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

BONNE CHANCE EVERYBODY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

128759273194433538.jpg

Erm, I mean.....good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lads.
    So I was explaining this to some other boardsies right.
    But it was my sisters birthday today right. And we had a lil family party and we got muffins ok.
    And the expiry date for these muffins was AUG17 (leaving cert results day!!!) and coincidently beside this date was printed "B1" (why the random B1???!!).

I firmly believe this B1 means something. And seeing as there's a food section in the biology course and I don't do home ec, the muffin man must be telling me I'll get a B1 in biology!

Like, how crazy is that? Crazy, I know.

Tomorrow is D-DAY for the muffin man. Let's hope he doesn't show me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Good luck guys <33333 If you're disappointed, I know it can't be forgotten about immediately but just remember there are ways around everything. If you really want something, you'll get there eventually :) Life works in funny ways and everything happens for a reason.

Be thinking of ye in the morning, I know it's a nerve wrecking wait <3333333333333

Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :) I especially hope Soccy get's her B1 in biology! :P Hope everyone is happy, but if any of us aren't then it's not the end of the world and there's backdoors to everything and stuff!*

*Someone may need to remind me of this tomorrow! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hope everyone's happy tomorrow, enjoy not having a massive points jump for every course because of stupid honours maths /grumbles /bitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh go léir amárach, a chairde. :)

Advertisement