Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 CAO/Leaving Cert discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh go léir amárach, a chairde. :)

'Cause I understand this does that mean I won't fail Irish?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

As predicted, I'm awake. :mad:
    I can't stop thinking of actually getting the very highest points I could hope for, and how exciting it would be. And that's bad because the inevitable disappointment that tomorrow will bring can now only become more and more exaggerated :'(

As predicted, I'm awake. :mad:
    I can't stop thinking of actually getting the very highest points I could hope for, and how exciting it would be. And that's bad because the inevitable disappointment that tomorrow will bring can now only become more and more exaggerated :'(

Come irc.. Full of bantz tonight! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Just a thought. As well as my muffin theory, does anyone think that my love for one direction will actually get me 1 D? One direction = 1D in short. And also I have an insane love for Demi Lovato. Like a LOVE.

Maybe, I'm just going crazy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Oh god the news is all like maths and science have high failure rates fml fml fml fml fml fml fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    fml fml fml fml fml fml fml
    Seven! Seven fmls!! Woohoo I'mma gettin' an F in Maths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Oh god the news is all like maths and science have high failure rates fml fml fml fml fml fml fml
    They say that every year, the failure rate for any subject never actually changes much.

Best of luck everyone!

Nagikami wrote: »
    Seven! Seven fmls!! Woohoo I'mma gettin' an F in Maths

For impact :P I'm really nervous. :( Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

For impact :P I'm really nervous. :( Are you?
    Oddly enough, no Just really giddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I hope you all get what you hoped for.It's not really a luck thing you've been in secondary school for 5/6 years this stuff sinks in,you'll be grand.

And there is more than one way to get where you want in a job,it's not uncommon now for people to reapply or resit the lc,so don't stress over it and enjoy the night out ;)

• Advertisement

Just after getting my results and although I am happy points wise I'm pretty disappointed with my Maths (B2) and Business (B3).. They're not bad grades like but I was expecting better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just after getting my results and although I am happy points wise I'm pretty disappointed with my Maths (B2) and Business (B3).. They're not bad grades like but I was expecting better tbh.

Well done :)

For anyone who wanted to go to UL but maths has let them down here's the info on the special maths exam :)

http://www.ul.ie/news-centre/news/ul-maths-exam-provides-2nd-chance-for-students/

Tomorrow is D-DAY for the muffin man. Let's hope he doesn't show me up.

B1 IN BIOLOGY!! :D never doubt the Muffin man. And I think I have enough points for nursing in UL.. Hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

B1 IN BIOLOGY!! :D never doubt the Muffin man. And I think I have enough points for nursing in UL.. Hopefully :)

That is hilarious :D

Cmon more good results! Whats keeping you guys! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Wow, most of the people ive talked to so far this morning are either massively dissappointed or were just about satisfied... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Come irc.. Full of bantz tonight! :P

I have to try that some time, whatever it is!? :P Fell asleep last night though, luckily enough! :P

:pac:
    Wow, most of the people ive talked to so far this morning are either massively dissappointed or were just about satisfied... :/

I've noticed that too! I've only spoken to like two or three people who've been delighted, whereas everyone else is satisfied at most! :( The yaaaaaaaaaa thread should have plenty of nice stories by the end of the day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Congratulations to everybody who got satisfactory results so long as it was less than what I got.

For the rest of you, it's not the end of the world/burn in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

My brother completely forgot about the results and is currently having breakfast, planning on heading in soon enough. :pac:

And eh, huzzah / chin up / ah well to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Got 575, with the HPAT that's a total score of 728...which will hopefully get me in. Hopefully! Got a lovely unexpected A1 in English. Turns out bythewoods was right. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

AWESOME! :D Delighted for you, jumpguy, I'll keep everything crossed for you 'til Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

jumpguy wrote: »
    Got 575, with the HPAT that's a total score of 728...which will hopefully get me in. Hopefully! Got a lovely unexpected A1 in English. Turns out bythewoods was right. :D

Awesome! Well done.

*Echoes Davidius' earlier comment* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My brother completely forgot about the results and is currently having breakfast, planning on heading in soon enough. :pac:

And eh, huzzah / chin up / ah well to everyone else.
    Such amazing apathy, that is great. :D

Well done to everyone. I hope you get all your courses. You'll make a great doctor, jumpguy, and a great nurse, soccy. By the way, what ever happened to podiatry, soccy? :P (I really hope I am right and not getting you confused with someone else. :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Well done everybody!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Reading everyone's results makes me so happy. :D It's also oddly motivational, LC 2K13 ftw.

Also, my ledge of a cousin got 535, which is more than enough for his course in UL (make bffs with him soccy). I'm so happy for him. Except now he's at the top of the cousin championship of LC points, MUST. BEAT. HIM. But I'm delighted etc. :p Happy days. :)

Slow Show wrote: »
    Reading everyone's results makes me so happy. :D It's also oddly motivational, LC 2K13 ftw.

Also, my ledge of a cousin got 535, which is more than enough for his course in UL (make bffs with him soccy). I'm so happy for him. Except now he's at the top of the cousin championship of LC points, MUST. BEAT. HIM. But I'm delighted etc. :p Happy days. :)

I'm at the top of the cousin's leaderboard :P YUSSS.. But ya, give me name, age, date of birth and location and i'll keep a look out haha (although UCC is sucha possibility atm.. Please let UL not rise :( )

And jack, sound blud but nah, i kinda changed my mind over time coz i wondered did i want to work with feet and the lower area for the rest of my life? When there was other kinda more diverse options if ya get me. But ya, offers night will prob be the most nervewrecking ever tbh..

Also.. Well done peeps :) Also YAY JUMPEY! That's like amazeballs and you totes deserve it mahn.

jumpguy wrote: »

I didn't see you in the LC forum this morning so I was worried you mightent have gotten what you needed.... Delighted for ya though! :D

God, I sound like a stalker! :rolleyes: :P

I dunno whether to accept an arts degree offer if I get it, or to look on the vacant places list and see if anything I like is there? >_< So many decisions!! Like is there any way to see previous vacant places lists? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I dunno whether to accept an arts degree offer if I get it, or to look on the vacant places list and see if anything I like is there? >_< So many decisions!! Like is there any way to see previous vacant places lists? :confused:

It changes kinda radically every year. In the past it has been mathsy courses that tended not to fill up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Sorry to interrupt the celebrations etc.. :P

But see Medicine in TDC, do you need two science subjects or one and an above C in OL Maths?

Advertisement