Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when confronted by scumbags

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

donfers wrote: »
    incidentally lads what city in ireland has the highest scumbag ratio, i have lived mainly in galway and limerick

galway has hardly any, we'll say 1 in every 100 citizens

limerick has a fair amount, we'll say 1 in every 20 citizens

what about cork, dublin and waterford?

and do any of the large towns have a particularly high ratio of scumbags, I heard tralee was dodgy enough

I lived in Waterford for about 4 years. It has a pretty high ratio, I'd say about 3 in every 10 citizens (I'm actually not trying to exaggerate here!), but in saying that, most of them tend to leave you alone. Your far more likely to get trouble from some drunk student who isn't actually from Waterford.
    If you want to see some real scumbags you should go to a place called Stockwell, in London. I used to pass though there a good bit, and the place is essentially a live ammo firing range!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

jesus christ op i know the feeling, everytime I have to walk into town I have to pass through a little underpass directly beside a rough enough council estate, and I'd say 3 times out of 5 little bastards like you describe are there. I always leave it be, I mean they are little **** heads, but they are only kids, and at that, with large enough groups of them coming at ya, I imagine it being like a swarm of fúcking bees!

saying that though, a few years ago when i was around 13-14 I was walking through that underpass and after being stopped by 2 lads around 16 asking me to check the time on my phone (gave them the time that was on my watch, and pointed out to the "mouth" that he was wearing a watch himself :rolleyes:) The bastard went for my pocket, I had trained in both TKD and Shotokan Karate, and without a moment of thaught decked the guy and burst his nose open. The two boys looked shocked and I straight away fúcking booted it, they didnt follow me and i honestly believe it was because they were amazed as they didnt expect any fight back (due to being a short arse, glasses wearing, long haired "korn freak" as the like to say lol)

but yeah, nowadays, I would just run the hell away whenever I can. Last time I had an altercation, I really had no choice, was standing in a cue, lad about a foot and a half taller than me and his gimpy short arse bleached blonde mate pushed ahead of me. I asked them what they were at, and they told me to go fúck myself. the taller lad kept at me pushing me, I blanked him completely, but he was drunk enough that he still found that fun after 10 minutes, I told him to **** off, I couldnt leave myself, I was wedged in the Cue, next thing, the **** comes down to head-butt me, quick as a flash i counter head but, and break his nose open, grab by the throat and wait for the bouncer to come. cúnt gets in for free, and i get barred. Pity, I liked that club :(

Came up later in the night in the club and apologised to my mate though. These people really have no backbone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lately I have heart stories of people being stabbed with used syringes. Now that **it is dodgy.

I heard that back in 'Nam if a soilder was bitten by a snake they get him to try and kill it so they could ID which anti venom to use. No point in getting a second person bitten. And since he had already been bitten much of the damage had already been done and it was kinda important to figure out which kind of snake it was.

Best not to get stabbed with a syringe.

But if you've been stabbed by a single person with a syringe, then probably no point in holding back (I doubt they'd have another weapon?) if only so that you can avoid worrying for ages about what you might have caught from it. Citizens arrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pond scum is the worst of the worst though!!!!

Sitting there taking up pond space that could be used by more deserving, active algae and seemingly proud of being so stagnant all day long before inevitably ending up full of tadpoles - most of which will never amount to anything and end up being the responsibility of the local ecosystem.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Every situation is different, there are times when the best course of action is the stand up for yourself other times ignore and try get out of there.
    It’s not only for your own health and safety, but if things go too far - before you know it you’re the “scumbag” and finding yourself in the dock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tickle them.

A couple of years ago, me and my buddies were walking down to the pub, on the way there were 2 scumbags in their mid-to-late teens hanging byside an alleyway, drinking cans, waay past their bedtime and shouting abuse at anybody walking past them. We were on the otherside of the road so they said nothing to us.

Anyway about 30 mins later in the pub, 3 of us leave the pub to go to the shop. Walking down the street my friend decides he needs to go for a piss, so he crosses the road and heads towards the alleyway where the 2 scumbags are hanging out. My friend is fairly pissed at the time, he's also a big bastard so nobody would mess with him and a total messer.

As he walks towards them, the 2 scumbags start shouting abuse at him. So we follow behind our friend just in case. The conversation goes like this:

Scumbags: Where d fook do you think you going?
    My friend in a random overexaggerated medival-ish english accent: Hello my friends! What are ye two rapscallions upto on this fine November eve?
    Scumbags: Fook off ya fagggot!
    My Friend keeps a big smile on his face the whole time, unfazed by their threats: Young man, i believe by your mannerisms and your colloquialisms, i believe you to be a member of the peasant community, is this correct?

My friend pats the young peasant on the head. The peasant slaps my friend hand away.

Scumbags: Fook off ya fagggot!
    My friend: Such anger in you little one.

My friend puts his arms around both of them. They struggle to free themselves from my friend.

Scumbags: Fook off! We'll fookin kill ya!!
    My friend: Lighten up young peasants, life is too short for such anger

Then my friend grabs one of them and starts tickling him shouting: Ohh aren't you a little rapscallion!! Upto no good I see!!

My friend alternates his tickling between them, both are completely at a loss to whats going on and neither can escape my his tickles becasue he's way too strong for them.

My other buddy and myself are watching this, wetting ourselves. My friend stops tickling them and goes for a piss. The two scumbags stand there speachless. My friend leaves the alleyway bidding the two peaseant adieu and tipping his imaginery cap.

We go to the shop and on our way back, the two scumbags are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

I wonder how long it is before they wait to be provoked and just go ahead and start a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

God... wrote: »
    Blast them with piss
    Why do people still think this is funny? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

leddpipe wrote: »
    id be a fairly scorpy kont and dont like people trying to intimidate me, but these little ****ers are like jackals, give them one chance and they will dance on your head!you very very much did the correct thing, I wouldn't have even made eye contact tbh!

What's a SCORPY KONT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I was set upon by about 8 wee scummers in my local park years ago and it was a life lesson to say the least. I was lying down in the grass after watching a football match and it was a lovely Summer day.

Next thing I know I'm getting repeatedly kicked in the head. I never stood a chance really. It was a completely unprovoked attack... they had chosen to set upon me for absolutely no reason other than their own amusement. The ordeal lasted less than 5 minutes I would say but I spent most of that on the ground trying to cover my head and get to my feet. I did eventually manage to get to my feet and they seemed to get bored very quickly then. I spent the remainder of that day and night in the hospital... very very lucky I was told in that they had no weapons, were seemingly inexperienced and had a goal in mind plus I defended myself well.

I will say that I look back on it now and I am glad it happened in a way. These days I walk past scummers with my head held high and am not afraid to look them in the eye if needed. I do this safe in the knowledge that if one of them chooses to engage me, they will be losing the use of a limb or an eye at the very least. I have no issues seriously hurting someone who decides to hurt me, whereas I would have before this incident.

I agree with previous posters that confidence and a cool head is key when it comes to scummers. They are like wolves in tracksuits and really are only a threat in large groups or if they see any signs of weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Scumbags are brave and heroes to their peers in a group but on their own it's a different story.Had a run in with one guy on a soccer pitch and he ran away straight after the game.
    About a fortnight later he strides up to me on a Saturday night with about 5 of his 'mates'.I calmly put down my chips grabbed him and proceeded to punch his lights out.He was screaming at his mates to help but they left him to his fate.
    He felt brave with his mates behind him but when I put it up to him without batting an eyelid the tables turned.He ran up the street shouting how he'd get me with everyone laughing at him,even the cops arrived and told him to piss off before they arrested him.
    My local town has a scumbag element that seems to pass down from the previous generations,they know who to pick on-easy targets that won't end up on their doorstep the next morning with a hurl or bat.
    Even so there are certain situations you're better off avoiding as it won't always end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Title: What to do when confronted by scumbags?

Answer: I'd be too busy turnin' my blue jeans brown tbh. :pac:

Advertisement