Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knapsack sprayer, anyone know where this goes.

Options
  • 01-05-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I bought this knapsack sprayer recently in Heitons and cannot identify where this part goes, I wonder can anyone shed any light on it's purpose, there's no reference made to it within the manual but it looks like the manufacturers thought it important enough to add as an afterthought. A friend of mine has used his one successfully without it attached.

Thanks,
    Brendan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Except for the lance handle that looks the spit of my two sprayers, though they're a different brand name - Matabi super green 16. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can spot that part, if no one has solved the mystery by then.

the loop on the right looks like its about the width of the bloack plunger, so I'm assuming that clips on there. The bit on the left, does that have a clips about the diameter of the lance? I can't tell with the angle of the photo

If so, its solely for storage purposes. Clip it on, and clip your lance on to it

Its that isn't right, then I haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

topazkk wrote: »
    I bought this knapsack sprayer recently in Heitons and cannot identify where this part goes, I wonder can anyone shed any light on it's purpose, there's no reference made to it within the manual but it looks like the manufacturers thought it important enough to add as an afterthought. A friend of mine has used his one successfully without it attached.

Thanks,
    Brendan.

Is it large enough to clip onto the plunger inside the tank to provide extra agitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

brian_t wrote: »
    Is it large enough to clip onto the plunger inside the tank to provide extra agitation.

Possibly Brian, I thought of that and fitted it there but it was so insecure that I felt it wouldn't have stayed there for very long during operation.

Thanks anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

brian_t wrote: »

Pretty sure that its an agitator also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is it to 'lock' the plunger so it can't be used accidentally, or to reduce the spray volume? It looks as though it would clip round the plunger and fit under the base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

For the can of beer... I know .....but not while spraying:D

As sprayers are top heavy could it be for helping with storage: screw it in/on a shelf and clip sprayer in place

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Note the way the wand is stored on this similar sprayer.

0000321_400.jpeg
    I believe the small clip that holds the wand in place is not able to hold the weight of wand aassembly and that your mystery object is an additional holder. If you clip it onto the outside of the piston will the wand sit on the little platform?

Advertisement