Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moodle session timing out

• 01-05-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

getting this message when i try to log into moodle
    "your session has timed out please log in again"
    anyone else having this issue? or anyone had it before and know how to solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Have you got cookies enabled?

Did u try multiple browsers?

Is your password still in date?

Did you try logging in from a different PC? Same problem?

....Are u connected to the internet? :P

No problems logging in for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Sparky2

No problems for me either, all working fine. It does sound like a cookie issue on your browser. Also agree with KF, try a different browser and pc if that doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

no problems either... moodle goes down randomly so I'd say it'll be ok if you try again now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

brendanL wrote: »
    no problems either... moodle goes down randomly so I'd say it'll be ok if you try again now

seems ok now :) there was 5 of us on facebook last night and none could log in

Aye that's the sunday night moodle blues....seems to always be down on sunday evenings, prob due to everything submitting stuff at the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

KonFusion wrote: »
    Aye that's the sunday night moodle blues....seems to always be down on sunday evenings, prob due to everything submitting stuff at the last minute.

or the backup job being run. I heard it's only ever backed up once a week :eek:

That's quite common practice from my experience, though it shouldn't be. Backups are under-appreciated until something goes wrong and someone of importance complains about data loss and then, bam! daily backups :rolleyes:

I know places who'd have very high profile data, of significant importance on a national scale, and in some cases monthly backups are performed with no differential or incremental backups in between......and the backup storage location can only be described as damp :P

anyway, getting a bit OT here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

KonFusion wrote: »
    That's quite common practice from my experience, though it shouldn't be. Backups are under-appreciated until something goes wrong and someone of importance complains about data loss and then, bam! daily backups :rolleyes:

I know places who'd have very high profile data, of significant importance on a national scale, and in some cases monthly backups are performed with no differential or incremental backups in between......and the backup storage location can only be described as damp :P

anyway, getting a bit OT here.

Beat me too it. Ive that experience in some Large Very Well known Financial institutions too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

...everytime I see this thread, and in it's many previous forms it's always the night right before an exam or test so I'm like... moodle down you say NOoooooooO XD

Advertisement