Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAn someone have a look at this self-build please?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3782/75767729.png

Total is GBP£603.75 , have a licensed OS so no worries about software.

Basically I will be using it to play crysis 2, wow, and using visual studio 2010 with virtual machines (hence the 6gb pc3-16000 ram) but was just wondering for any comments on the gaming side of things (cpu/mb/graphics/etc)

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

-Bad PSU
    -Triple channel memory is not meant for that chipset, you want 4GB or 8GB
    -Not much point getting a P67 motherboard without an unlocked CPU.
    -Never heard of the brand of monitor, might be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

Should be double channel ram, not triple for the 1155 boards.

Here's something much better from HWVS, works out at €725 or £640 after delivery:

JocwY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

Much nicer build!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

deconduo wrote: »
    -Bad PSU
    -Triple channel memory is not meant for that chipset, you want 4GB or 8GB
    -Not much point getting a P67 motherboard without an unlocked CPU.
    -Never heard of the brand of monitor, might be bad.

Thanks, just regarding the p67 motherboard well I need a sandybridge to use the new AVX instructions so it must be an i3/i5/i7 and LGA1155 and for visual studio I need the best ram possible for future upgrades (pc-2133) so are there any other decent motherboards that can meet those requirements? I'm not too concerned about overclocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

deconduo wrote: »
    Here's something much better from HWVS, works out at €725 or £640 after delivery:

JocwY.jpg

Thanks, much better psu etc but I need better ram (will be running virtual machines) also that site seems to have brilliant prices are they as reliable as scan/elara/etc ?

g_moriarty wrote: »
    Thanks, much better psu etc but I need better ram (will be running virtual machines) also that site seems to have brilliant prices are they as reliable as scan/elara/etc ?

Pretty much everyone here uses them, they are perfectly good. The only problem some people have is that they only accept bank transfers as payment. You will probably need to have some sort of online banking.

As for the 'better' RAM, it really doesn't make much of a difference. However you could go with an 8GB kit like either of these:
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=40701&agid=1193
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=44314&agid=1193

Advertisement