Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RAM is slow?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently installed 4GB (2 x 2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz RAM into my PC.

I ran the Windows Experience Index malarky for the craic and I know it may be a bad benchmark utility but my RAM came out with the lowest sub score; 5.9

I am a bit surprised with that score - is it normal for the spec. of RAM I have?

All my other components scored >7.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

Ehhh you sure your looking at the right figure? The only reason I say is that most people score a 5.9 for their hard drive if its a mechanical one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hornd wrote: »
    Ehhh you sure your looking at the right figure? The only reason I say is that most people score a 5.9 for their hard drive if its a mechanical one.

Pretty much this, 5.9 is the score given to normal (non SSD) hard drives. 4GB of DDR3 should be scoring 7+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Deffo looking at the right figure (RAM operations per second).

To remove any doubt - I have an SSD! It scores 7.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

I have a theory!

I removed my radeon card to make way for a new one, thus reverted to integrated graphics. Therefore the OS would have less than 4GB RAM available. I read online that the WEI will assign 5.9 to DDR3 memory if there is less than 4GB available.

What ya's think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I have a theory!

I removed my radeon card to make way for a new one, thus reverted to integrated graphics. Therefore the OS would have less than 4GB RAM available. I read online that the WEI will assign 5.9 to DDR3 memory if there is less than 4GB available.

What ya's think?

That sounds about right :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement