Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scumbag alert!

Options
  • 02-05-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Last weekend the mother went to lay some flowers on her sisters grave. She spoke to a man who was outside the graveyard briefly. He was there in a people carrier with 2 kids and his 'other half'.

As my mother came out of the graveyard she witnessed the same man robbing her car and her handbag from under the seat where he saw her leaving it on the way in. He seemed like a normal family type at the time.

She noted part of the registration of the people carrier that he sped off in: 09 W.

This scumbag is operating in his carrier and seems to be scoping vulnerable areas. I hope he is caught. An investigation is underway but the mother is nervous about being a potential witness at the moment.

In the meantime watch out for this scumbag and report as such, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

What part of Cork did this happen, if that's fair to ask? Really hope that he's caught. Any good cctv in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Sounds like something that could be featured on 'Crimecall'.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

Last weekend the mother went to lay some flowers on her sisters grave. She spoke to a man who was outside the graveyard briefly. He was there in a people carrier with 2 kids and his 'other half'.

As my mother came out of the graveyard she witnessed the same man robbing her car and her handbag from under the seat where he saw her leaving it on the way in. He seemed like a normal family type at the time.

She noted part of the registration of the people carrier that he sped off in: 09 W.

This scumbag is operating in his carrier and seems to be scoping vulnerable areas. I hope he is caught. An investigation is underway but the mother is nervous about being a potential witness at the moment.

In the meantime watch out for this scumbag and report as such, thanks.

must be one twisted ba#tard to do such a thing to a person in their time of grieving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Geog wrote: »
    What part of Cork did this happen, if that's fair to ask? Really hope that he's caught. Any good cctv in the area.

It is fair to ask the O.P. that, it would help for people in that locality to be aware of an 09 W people carrier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope they catch the ****er :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I know its being investigated, but can you give any more information than that?
    colour/make of the car? description of the guy? was he tall, short, white, black, bald, grey haired?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

An 09 W people carrier should be easily spotted in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah that is a horrible thing to do..People really can be so cruel. It would be good to know the area also and a few more details we can all keep our eyes peeled..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

This is far too common at graveyards unfortunately :( Scumbags know no bounds. I hope your mother is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Hope they catch this guy :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

That's really terrible, hope they catch him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Did you get any satisfaction in end OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

tommy21 wrote: »
    Did you get any satisfaction in end OP?

Thanks for asking tommy. Update is:

#1. The guards did come back to my Mom and informally told her that they had a suspect in mind based on the M.O. of the particular criminal i.e. he did not care about being identified by a member of the public based on his actions (scumbag).

#2. The second piece of 'helpful' information from the guard was: That she might set her 6 strapping sons onto the case, this was mentioned in a subtle way by the 'helpful' guard.

Now my mom has spent a few weeks of sleeples nights wondering if the criminal will come back and target her car due to #1. That is irrational thinking, but in effect she is experiencing the effects of being a victim of a follow up crime and is worried about being the focus for another event.

As for #2 since when did the public become encouraged to take matters into their own hands by any guard when that job is supposed to be theirs as graduates of garda college that are supposed to be enabled by career choice to be able to deal with these situations?

The bottom line is I get the impression from this case is that our gardai are poorly trained to deal with said situations and poorly equipped to deal with them as such i.e. sensitivity, victim support etc.

Anyways before I run off into a rant: I spoke to my mom and suggested an online description and she remembered more details about the event so that at least others might be more aware of this scumbag.

1. Car:
    1.1. people carrier, possibly a VW.
    1.2. Colour of Car: metallic, silver, very light blue.
    1.3 Reg: 09 W.

2. Scumbag:
    2.1. Slightly Larger than average build.
    2.2. Slightly Larger than average height.
    2.3. Tight haircut, possibly blade 4-5.
    2.4. Round face, possibly slight tan.
    2.5. Nationality / culture... everyday Irish person.
    2.5. dressed in t'shirt and jeans: colour of t'shirt= dark blue.
    2.6. Age, mid to late 30's.
    2.7. 2 kids and female in the carrier.

That is all we have as things stand. I will put up more for the benefit of others etc. That is all that can be done I guess.

With regards to the guards response to this issue?: tis an issue really for more profesionalism on their part which seems to be lacking and indicates to me at the very least shows a lack of training and realisation on their part. That is another issue though which could and should be discussed based on folks experiences good and bad of garda practices on issues that they should be more able to deal with in a more professional way.

Surely you could reveal what cemetary it was?

Anyway, this lad realises that the chance of someone battering him in front of his kids and wife are slim to none, witnesses.

Disgraceful the AGS suggestions, the same clowns would be the first to follow up on any assault charge this scum bag brought against someone who took the law into their own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

RoverJames wrote: »
    Surely you could reveal what cemetary it was?

Anyway, this lad realises that the chance of someone battering him in front of his kids and wife are slim to none, witnesses.

Disgraceful the AGS suggestions, the same clowns would be the first to follow up on any assault charge this scum bag brought against someone who took the law into their own hands.

I wouldn't blame them not revealing RoverJames if even the "helpful" garda is hinting that she just forget about it! Deliverance - do they know your mother to see or something? As in would they know where she lives etc.? Although easily gotten I suppose if it went to court.

Advertisement