Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Watch Should I Get?

• 02-05-2011 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I'm more interested in accurately tracking distance covered etc rather than heart rate.

Also, what's the story with the GPS feature? Does it tell you where you've been running when you hook it up to a computer, how far your route is exactly and all that stuff?

I'm willing to spend between €150-€250 (absolute maximum).

I really don't know much about them so any advice or help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Paully D,

Either the Garmin forerunner 205 or 305 would suit perfectly. The difference is the 205 does not monitor your heart rate.

Both are GPS watches that will track your pace, time, distance and allow you to upload your data to a running log and online facility where you can review your training runs or races.

The GPS will show you your route on a map and give you a graphic view of your elevation, time & pace for each position.

I've the 305 and can not fault it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I second that opinion.

I have a Garmin 305. While you are running, the watch will give you instant information on how far you have run, and how fast you are running.

There are loads of options for what information the watch displays.

When your run is over, you can download the information to Garmin Training Center, which is a app that you load onto your PC, or connect.garmin.com if you have internet access.

Your run will be shown on a map,and you can see the elevation and lots of other information about your run.

Amazon.co.uk have really good prices for the 305 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very informative posts, thanks very much to both of you.

I'll take a look at the Garmin 305 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

take a look at the fr 210 also
    much slicker watch with the same features

Advertisement