Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyhole Spay

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emmaroddy

rogeo wrote: »
    There is alot of discussion about so called "keyhole" surgery on this thread, are pet owners clarifying is there a laproscope camera used or is it just a small incison? .... the term keyhole, is misleading, are pet owners asking this question?
    Smaller incisions ...yes, have an advantage of less tissue trauma, and smaller scar, but also a smaller field of vision for the surgeon can increase the risk of unseen intra-operative internal bleeding?
    There are other important questions you should be asking, is there a qualified nurse monitoring your dog under anaesthetic?, are they recieving sufficient intraoperative analgesia?, is there sufficient monitoring equipment?
    Pet owners should be asking these questions

rogue.. you must be exhausted trying to knock this vet and his surgical procedures. it's very clear you have an agenda. we are satisfied with the treatment our pets received. the wee pup was neutered using keyhole with a laparoscope and both cats were neutered using micro surgery (which was also eplained to us in detail) and yes of course there was a nurse attending - all animals are flying about in the fullest of health. the vet did explain everything to us in great detail and he also showed us the laparoscope camera in the surgery...so what's the big deal? why don't you google paul kelly vet in ratoath for his website and and contact him - and ask him for yourself. he also a really nice guy... in fact a perfect gentleman and an excellent caring vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rogeo

Keyhole or normal spay ither way, good to hear people are spaying their bitches...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

I am a very happy customer of Paul Kelly who has spayed my dog using keyhole surgery.My dog was back to herself within a few hours after the spay & she only had one stitch!! She also never had to wear the plastic collar whereas my other dog was spayed normally,had a good few stitches & had to wear the collar for a few days.I would highly recommend Paul who is a lovely Vet,& also recommend this method of spaying your dog.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I want to get my female cat done asap, and as we are also moving house this week, the keyhole surgery is of great interest to me, anything to reduce the stress right now (for both myself and her!). She is also currently pining for our tom cat who is missing :(

I'll likely leave it for a while after the move, as she will be kept in for a long while anyway.

Can anyone tell me how much it costs for a cat to be done this way?

Advertisement