Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From Soccer

Options
  • 02-05-2011 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Can someone please take a look at my ban from the soccer forum, for alledged trolling. Thanx 4 the Fish believes I was trolling and off I go.

Now while I appreciate that the Hillsborough topic is emotive, the debate about the live audience show on RTE had been hijacked by Liverpool fans who objected to the Sun's sponsorship of RTE's English football coverage. A debate was well underway about the disaster, the boycott of the Sun and the campaign to harass former Liverpool players who work on RTE into joining the boycott.

I am accused of trolling for this statement, which I later expanded on. At the time of the ban, there had been no negative reaction to this post. I support the boycott of the UK based Sun, but draw a line at abusing the Liverpool fans who went on the show that was sponsored by the Irish Sun, a seperate paper not in existence at the time of Hillsborough.

"But the Irish Sun were not in existance for the article that caused the furore. They are a seperate paper established since then.

Boycott the Sun all you want, but abusing people for going onto a show that happens to be sponsored by a paper in the same stable is daft, and erodes the last bits of goodwill Liverpool fans have left after they pulled the same stunt in Athens."

I since expanded on the point when asked to. Its all very reasonable as of now. Its not trolling, its not flaming, and it did not create any negative reaction.

I respectfully think that he has gone in over the top and found offence no other user did and created a situation where none existed.

If someone would like to take a look and point out what piece of the charter I am supposed to have breached, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The ban is for reaching 6 infractions. You only received a yellow card for the post in question, not a ban (the yellow card pushed you over the line into 6 infractions which results in a 6 month ban from the soccer forum). Are you disputing that yellow card?

Also, have you been in touch with the mod in question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Khannie wrote: »
    The ban is for reaching 6 infractions. You only received a yellow card for the post in question, not a ban (the yellow card pushed you over the line into 6 infractions which results in a 6 month ban from the soccer forum). Are you disputing that yellow card?

Also, have you been in touch with the mod in question?

In this case I am disputing the yellow card.

I was in touch with the mod in question. In fact, he has been active in the thread thanking the posts that were in disagreement with me. He curtly informed me of the ban and told me to go to dispute resolution if I wanted to discuss it.

Ok, thanks. I'll get back to you.

I'm overturning the two yellow cards (one is harsh and one is borderline). This takes you out of ban territory. You're now on 5 infractions and there is a 6 infraction rule in soccer.

Let me be clear here though: During investigating this dispute I checked your ban history. You are now on 8 bans from soccer, two of which have been 6 months long. A ridiculous amount for any poster. Your next ban from that forum will be permanent. You are obviously a source of trouble for the mods and show no signs of changing your ways.

For you this means your next yellow card, red card, or ban will result in a permanent ban from soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Khannie wrote: »
    I'm overturning the two yellow cards (one is harsh and one is borderline). This takes you out of ban territory. You're now on 5 infractions and there is a 6 infraction rule in soccer.

Let me be clear here though: During investigating this dispute I checked your ban history. You are now on 8 bans from soccer, two of which have been 6 months long. A ridiculous amount for any poster. Your next ban from that forum will be permanent. You are obviously a source of trouble for the mods and show no signs of changing your ways.

For you this means your next yellow card, red card, or ban will result in a permanent ban from soccer.

Thanking you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Thanks. Closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement