Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing/feeding support pillows

Options
  • 02-05-2011 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Whats the verdict on nursing pillows ladies?i know there not just for feeding,as you can use them to nestle baby on, or cradle baby on while sitting down and can aso be used as a support during pregnancy but Are they any good? Is it actually useful, or another thing that ends up in the attic collecting dust?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I just used a normal pillow and it worked great for me. I know some others would swear by the nursing pillows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nicole22

I used a nursing pillow for breast freeding and I found it great. It lifted my son up to the right height for my boobs and so stopped me slumping over him and hurting my back. I also used it for propping him up when too small to do so himself. I think theyre a good investment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I found it great even just for holding him when i wasn't feeding him.. but especially at the night feed you're in bed trying to prop yourself every way with 19 pillows, the feeding pillow takes the work out of it. . Invest in a good one though as i got one from argos and it was too soft for feeding after a few weeks when ben put on some weight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I used one and found it brilliant for doing day time feeds. I ended up watching all of The Wire in about three weeks while feeding herself. Even in the early days 4kgs plus of baby does get very tiring to hold.

Night time feeds I did lying down after a while because I got too knackered trying to sit up at 2:00am. She also had a horrible tendancy to go back to sleep while feeding and I found if we were both lying down it was easier to shift her back into her own cot beside the bed.

Having the feeling of a little body nestled in beside you feeding is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I used one and found it great, ds now uses it as a support when he is sitting up and also he lies back on it to rest.

This is the one I had, it was recommended by the consultant that we had done a bf workshop with.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Widgey-Nursing-Pillow-Cow-Print/dp/B000NCAFOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304531152&sr=8-1

Mothercare also stocks it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Holidaygirl;thats the pillow i got! Got it on special for 24euro. Camt wait to have my little boy snuggeld up on it :)

Advertisement