Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open our train station, open our community centres!

Options
  • 02-05-2011 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I'm not usually one for doing much around the area but I will be attending and hopefully if you live in the area you will too...this beggars belief...

Community centers are BUILT but there is no staff to run them...

A railway station is BUILT but because the owners of Menolly Homes wont build a link road it remains closed...The road would cost 1 million euro ,roughly the cost of 3 houses!

http://www.joehiggins.eu/2011/04/public-meeting-5-may-open-our-train-station-open-our-community-centres/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

In fairness where on earth is the money to run the community centres going to come from when the country is bankrupt and services nationally are being closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

would it really cost a lot of money to put light and heat into a (presumably well insultated) community center?

Slydice wrote: »
    would it really cost a lot of money to put light and heat into a (presumably well insultated) community center?

light and heat shouldnt be that much but when you start adding on the expense of the FAS work scheme and in particular the big one Public Liability Insurance it all starts to add up quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

miju wrote: »
    light and heat shouldnt be that much but when you start adding on the expense of the FAS work scheme and in particular the big one Public Liability Insurance it all starts to add up quite quickly.

You seem to be implying that these built community centers should remain closed because of lack of funds?

How many people are there on the social welfare ...400,000.Im sure that these Jobs could easily be facilitated by back to work schemes

What about the built train station not opening because of the link road.
    Obviously you don't get the train at Clonsilla in the morning and obviously you don't live in that estate where people leave their cars outside every day....

This country has been ruined by developers all over the country,
    Menolly Homes is one of these companies who contributed to the whole situation.

"Google" Seamus Ross for more information.

They sold houses by telling customers that they will be 20 minutes away from Dublin when the station is opened,they haven’t finished their estates or fulfilled there promises.

These people are the developers involved in the pyrite scandal that has rocked about 500 home owners ..

Homeowners in hansfield and Allendale have to live with about 2 foot of grass outside their houses because the developers wont fufill their duties ,these parks should have kids playing on them....

Without any pressures on these developers they will have got away with murder and it will,in the end fall back on the taxpayer.....

Kev. wrote: »
    You seem to be implying that these built community centers should remain closed because of lack of funds?

How many people are there on the social welfare ...400,000.Im sure that these Jobs could easily be facilitated by back to work schemes
    I'm not implying I'm saying. Community Centres cannot run on fresh air unfortunately as anyone who is familiar with the running of a community centre will attest to. Bills will need to be paid and if there are no funds to pay those bills then what do you do? Perhaps if your really concerned the community could get together and fundraise for the community centre to get funds and have it utilised.

The back to work scheme is being used in running community centres but this is causing major problems with some centres between boards , colleagues and most importantly community groups due to various reasons.

I also know the train station and have seen how bad it gets but I drive to work and dont get train so to be honest have put little thought into that aspect and yes we all know how the developers have ruined this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Kev. wrote: »
    What about the built train station not opening because of the link road.
    Obviously you don't get the train at Clonsilla in the morning and obviously you don't live in that estate where people leave their cars outside every day.....

Hi Kev,

Just to let you know (in case you dont already) that there will be a Public Meeting on June 7th (8PM) in the Castaheany Educate Together NS to try to rally support of P'd off people like yourself and myself to sort these issues regarding train station and community centres.
    the TD's have been invited and I would encourage as many people as possible to attend.

Please spread the word and get as many neighbours to attend.

Thanks,
    Ron

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ron123 wrote: »
    Hi Kev,

Just to let you know (in case you dont already) that there will be a Public Meeting on June 7th (8PM) in the Castaheany Educate Together NS to try to rally support of P'd off people like yourself and myself to sort these issues regarding train station and community centres.
    the TD's have been invited and I would encourage as many people as possible to attend.

Please spread the word and get as many neighbours to attend.

Thanks,
    Ron

While i would like to see the station open, there are has been more than enough public money pumped into property speculation

Advertisement