Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get front brakes done?

• 02-05-2011 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Anyone know of a place that won't charge thru the roof? Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

best place to go is O Sheas Brothers in Tramore, they have two garages one in riverstown business park (where runamuck is) and the other out the road towards rocketts pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Me auld lad got the pads changed in the front of his transit saturday down in kwik fit / fast fit for €60. It cost him twice that when he got it done in advance last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

would,nt touch advance or fast fit! ! There tyre fitter,s not mechanics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

as nicky said o sheas tramore they know there stuff and won,t rip ya off

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Thanks so much guys. 60euros is brilliant if I can get that. I will give O'Shea's a call too. I'm not trying to be biased, but I wouldn't to to Advance due to past experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

would you be confident enough to try it yourself? It really is very straight forward...what car is it?

if you don't fancy that I would give pj O'Shea up in gracedieu a call. Really reasonable price wise and is good to deal with.

would you be confident enough to try it yourself? It really is very straight forward...what car is it?

if you don't fancy that I would give pj O'Shea up in gracedieu a call. Really reasonable price wise and is good to deal with.

It's a Peugeot 206, not to be anti-feminist, but I don't think I could change brakes myself :-). Don't know if this is correct but my dad used to say brakes had to be bled and that could be tricky. Will give these guys a ring tomorrow. Is Pj in the phonebook? If not could you pm me his number please? Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Ya dont have to bleed the brakes when you change the pads, try A+S Imports, by far one the cheapest in town and both of them very good mechanics. The 206 have a small pin going over the top and bottom of the pads and alot of mechanics have trouble getting them off, but when i was working in there the lads had it done in a matter of minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

+1 for pj , he worked on my car for years before i emigrated , fantastic mechanic and a top guy too

sfmonet wrote: »
    It's a Peugeot 206, not to be anti-feminist, but I don't think I could change brakes myself :-). Don't know if this is correct but my dad used to say brakes had to be bled and that could be tricky. Will give these guys a ring tomorrow. Is Pj in the phonebook? If not could you pm me his number please? Thanks a mil.

pj's number is post number 5 in a previous thread from a while back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53082857

• Advertisement

Sorry guys but I think I am not going to us PJ, called him this morning and he wanted to know how I had gotten his number, etc.

sfmonet wrote: »
    Sorry guys but I think I am not going to us PJ, called him this morning and he wanted to know how I had gotten his number, etc.

That's a bit odd, sorry to hear that. He's normally grand and I've sent people to him in the past! You could try davie duggan in railway square as well if you want somewhere in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Try Bella Motors out on Six Cross Roads - cost me €75 to get a service done. I handed him €175 and but had to ask for the €100 back when he gave me the invoice (i thought he said €175! - awkward moment)

The mechanic was my neighbour and is very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

are you sure it was the right man you got on the phone. that doesn't sound a bit like him. 372525 is the garage number(business only).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BALDYDOG

The reason pj asked where you got his number from is that other garages keep ringing looking to price jobs.pj has been in business for 31 years and has never needed to advertise .....his number aint in the book hence the question "who gave you my number"on hearing of your upsett pj would like to say sorry for offending you with them four words......vinny o shea(son)

BALDYDOG wrote: »
    The reason pj asked where you got his number from is that other garages keep ringing looking to price jobs.pj has been in business for 31 years and has never needed to advertise .....his number aint in the book hence the question "who gave you my number"on hearing of your upsett pj would like to say sorry for offending you with them four words......vinny o shea(son)

Vinny I appreciate the post, I wasn't upset :-) just your dad seemed annoyed, etc. No harm no foul at all. Thanks again.

Good man Vinny, I sent your number on in a pm, didn't mean to cause any bother by it! Fintan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BALDYDOG

no hazzle and no hazzle pj can be a bit grumpy sometimes.......will tell him to brush up on his phone manners ....phones werent invented when he started as a mechanic ha ha:)

no hazzle and no hazzle pj can be a bit grumpy sometimes.......will tell him to brush up on his phone manners ....phones werent invented when he started as a mechanic ha ha:)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Comment Removed

• Advertisement

A lot of the garages around waterford dont like the fact that pj does a better job at a cheaper rate and spout sh1te about him just like you are here,

do one of your friend's or maybe a family member work for one of the "respected garages"??

Mod Edit Post removed as it deals directly with posted allegation

Advertisement