Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom speeds

Options
  • 02-05-2011 7:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys, i just wanted to check why my speeds have dropped to 1.7Mbps in the last couple of weeks , i am on a 7.6 connection and was always getting about 4.5 and was hoping somebody could look into this for me. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

had so many issues with eircom as well when i was with them. switched to vodafone then.... even worse.... all they tell you then when you call them for customer support is that they need to call eircom and its not their issue its eircoms.....

So in my expierence the line speeds fluctuates a lot and its best to stay with eircom for customer support as they can actually do something. what i found worked best was to just keep calling and hasseling them :) until they brought my line speed back to what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

I'm paying for 5mb if i'm not mistaken...currently getting 380kb? wtf? :confused: :mad:

1278464790.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I'm paying for 5mb if i'm not mistaken...currently getting 380kb? wtf? :confused: :mad:

1278464790.png

Hi HyperSkypeWiper
    if you PM me your line number I can have this investigated and hope to be able to help.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im having the exact same problems for months everytime i ring eircom they claim its my fault.

i go through the usual bull, first they claim some other devices on my network then i change passwords, then they blame wireless, then i reset the modem its still the same eventually they keep you on the phone until your speed goes back up and then bang they think the problem is fixed but only the exact same thing to happen the next day and so on and on.

im also on 7 meg have been trying to get my issue resolved for the last 4 months and eircom still refuse to send out a technician because there's 7 meg going to the router.

dont even get me started on the really high ping rates, half of eircom dont even know or understand about ping.

can you help me tony and actually get down to the bottom of this?

1281703444.png

im having the exact same problems for months everytime i ring eircom they claim its my fault.

i go through the usual bull, first they claim some other devices on my network then i change passwords, then they blame wireless, then i reset the modem its still the same eventually they keep you on the phone until your speed goes back up and then bang they think the problem is fixed but only the exact same thing to happen the next day and so on and on.

im also on 7 meg have been trying to get my issue resolved for the last 4 months and eircom still refuse to send out a technician because there's 7 meg going to the router.

dont even get me started on the really high ping rates, half of eircom dont even know or understand about ping.

can you help me tony and actually get down to the bottom of this?

1281703444.png

Hi mufcboy1999
    I can see my colleague Ant is dealing with this on your other post any further let either us know..
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hock4321

Hi Tony are you not going to look into my speed issues?

hock4321 wrote: »
    Hi Tony are you not going to look into my speed issues?

Hi hock4321
    my apologies,:o not sure how I missed this but if you PM me now will check this for you immediately.
    Tony

done and thanks Tony

hock4321 wrote: »
    done and thanks Tony

Have PM'd results now hock4321.
    Let me know if any further problem.
    Tony

Will do thank you Tony

• Advertisement