Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places in Drogheda for a Learner Driver to Practise?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Can anyone reccommend a place to practise driving? I'm having problems finding somewhere where I can practise safely.

We have been shooed away from all the retail parks after being told that they were private property and that learner drivers were in no uncertain terms not allowed to practise there and I can't think of anywhere big enough that would be safe to practise in.

I basically need somewhere that is resonably deserted that I can practise moving up the gears (ideally into 4th and sustain it but more than likely just 3rd or 2nd), left and right turns and reversing/parking forwards into a space.

We can travel else where in louth/meath if neccessary, providing its not really more than an hour away.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Bettystown beach - thats where I did it (On a cold day obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

The side car park in the retail park where Aldi and Tk max is iykwim. Its just up from the pet store and to the left of harveys. No one uses it to park and I have brought my daughter up there a few times early on Saturday or Sunday mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Gormanston beach is another option but you need to make sure the tide will be out.:) Actually the Irish Rail car park in Gormanston is deserted on a Saturday/Sunday so that's another option. It's a good big car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

gonker wrote: »
    The side car park in the retail park where Aldi and Tk max is iykwim. Its just up from the pet store and to the left of harveys. No one uses it to park and I have brought my daughter up there a few times early on Saturday or Sunday mornings.

Thats one of the ones we were kicked out of. We were there on a Sunday morning as well and the place was absolutely dead. But were told the whole thing was private property and learning to drive/practising driving there was absolutely strictly forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thats one of the ones we were kicked out of. We were there on a Sunday morning as well and the place was absolutely dead. But were told the whole thing was private property and learning to drive/practising driving there was absolutely strictly forbidden.
    Wow thats mad! Its always deserted too. Cheek of them.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

There is usually someone always learning up there!

Best bet is the beach on a crappy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Posher wrote: »
    .:) Actually the Irish Rail car park in Gormanston is deserted on a Saturday/Sunday so that's another option. It's a good big car park.

Good point,the world's emptiest car park!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Termon Abbey/ Aston Village housing estate is quiet there is a long(ish) stretch of road, a roundabout and a little hill to pratice on too and obviously corners. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 walsh350

have a few pints and rip through the middle of town!

Advertisement