Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HALOGEN OVEN

• 02-05-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm looking for some electric appliances to save using gas when hooked up to electricity. Was thinking about an oven. Anything else useful? Kettle, double hob maybe? How high max KWS? Any advice would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I see the JML halogen oven (Linky) is 1300W.
    Not sure if that's an issue for a motrohome....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

The watts of an appliance can be the issue, but it depends on the AMPs you are connected to. Some sites are 6amp, others are 10amps.

To find out how many amps you need, divide the watts by the voltage - so 1300 watts / 240 volts = 5.41 amps. Now you need to work out all the drain you will have at the same time and if that exceeds the connection amps then you will be facing a tripped fuse.

You have to consider things like TVs / leisure battery charger / lights etc.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

As above. Depending on the condition of the leisure battery, it could be taking the most of the amps anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

We bought a Remoska cooker in Lakelands in Belfast last year and it is excellent. I thinks it only uses 400w and is a slow cooker but very efficient. Not cheap though. About 100Euro for middle sized one we bought.

Advertisement