Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good speedtest but slow downloads

• 02-05-2011 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I got UPC 20mb two weeks ago and all was well until last night. I usually got 2mb/s download from torrents/youtube downloader/fileserve premium download etc, but now I'm getting 100kb/s. The speedtest (and official UPC speedtest) is giving me this result:

1277756456.png

Why is it giving me such a high result when I'm only getting 100kb/s downloads?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

since we aren't supposed to discuss things like this here I can't really tell you but if you were hypothetically downloading a hypothetical file then i'd say look at the hypothetical seeders and leechers. If the hypothetical leechers are in greater numbers than your hypothetical seeders then there is your hypothetical problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I understand :p

But even for downloading legit downloads like a trial of AVG from their website, or friend's game recordings from fileserve (I have the premium account) it's still really slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Maybe try port forwarding through your router. Its not an easy task if you don't know what you are doing but a quick google of 'port forwarding' should help you out!!:D

Advertisement