Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Billabong wetsuit

• 02-05-2011 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I did a couple of triathlons a few years ago. Used a cheap lidl wetsuit at the time and it did me the finest. Looking to get back into this year and just bought a fairly good billabong wetsuit which is more than doing the job at keeping the cold out in the freezing cold sea at the moment.

My problem now is that ive been reading some threads here wich advise investing in a proper tri suit off the bat and not bothering with a surf suit, but the one i bought seems to be fairly good.

So should i stick with what i bought for now and look at changing next year if this year proves enjoyable?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

buying a surf suit for a triathlon is idiotic in my opinion
    its the equivalent of buying a pair of wellingtons for the running segment.
    sure you'll be warm during the swim but dont be surprised if you see old fogies swim past you
    plus you'll have wasted loads of energy trudging through the water in such a suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

conno16 wrote: »
    buying a surf suit for a triathlon is idiotic in my opinion
    its the equivalent of buying a pair of wellingtons for the running segment.
    sure you'll be warm during the swim but dont be surprised if you see old fogies swim past you
    plus you'll have wasted loads of energy trudging through the water in such a suit

Thanks for the constructive and informative reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

its an amateur mistake to make
    plus surfing is great also and now you have half the required equipment for it
    semi-decent tri suit will only cost you about 80 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

You will see plenty of guys in races with surf wetsuits on, first guy out of the water in the Humbert challenge had a 16 year old surf wetsuit on (although he is a great swimmer). Unless you are looking for podium positions and high rankings have a go with the Billabong. If you are enjoying it look for a tri wetsuit next year.

Advertisement