Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intermittent Internet

• 02-05-2011 12:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. My internet keeps disconnecting, I'm getting a message saying something like "tk_scancdr failed"

Anyone know what this is or what I can do about it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Bump:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

no point bumping it unless you add more details.. what operating system, what broadband type, are you using a router, how are you connecting to the router etc etc.. ?

From a quick google this appears to be an issue of a confict between Norton AV and certain Huawei devices .. are you using both of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Googling the error msg tk_scancdr failed and it looks like the OP is using a USB dongle? But still good if the OP could add some more info.

Edit> sorry beaten to it :)

no point bumping it unless you add more details.. what operating system, what broadband type, are you using a router, how are you connecting to the router etc etc.. ?
    From a quick google this appears to be an issue of a confict between Norton AV and certain Huawei devices .. are you using both of these?

Thanks JA. I am indeed using BOTH of those! I have a Toshiba Satellite A200, windows vista. My internet is with O2. What can I do about it?

• Advertisement

well the first thing I would normally suggest is to REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE Norton, and use one of the free Anti Virus software packages... Microsoft Security Essentials is what most people are using at this stage... other options would be AVG or Avast..

I would remove Norton completely, remove the USB software.. then reboot... Install MSE, then install the USB dongle..

Sorry, meant to say.. you will probably have paid money for Norton, but you may need to forgo this to get the USB dongle to work.. MSE is excellent so I would have no problem replacing Norton with it..

well the first thing I would normally suggest is to REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE Norton, and use one of the free Anti Virus software packages... Microsoft Security Essentials is what most people are using at this stage... other options would be AVG or Avast..

I would remove Norton completely, remove the USB software.. then reboot... Install MSE, then install the USB dongle..

Sorry, meant to say.. you will probably have paid money for Norton, but you may need to forgo this to get the USB dongle to work.. MSE is excellent so I would have no problem replacing Norton with it..

Ok, I did all that. Word of warning to anyone following this, dont forget to turn off "automatic subscription renewal" on the Norton website!

So far so good! Now I'll just have to wait and see do I get disconnected again!

Advertisement