Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACS assessment - certified copies

Options
  • 02-05-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

Am just about to apply for the ACS assessment. I have all my documentation in place, including employer reference letters etc ..

Now the process dictates says that:
    "You must support all claims by submitting certified or notarised copies (do not send original documents; these may be difficult to replace and you should retain them for your personal records) of the following documents with your application"

So my question is, what kind of certification is required for these documents? Could I just get them certified at my local Garda station or would I need to get them officially legally notorised? If I were to get them notorised it would be very expensive because solicitors usually charge by the page and there would be a lot of pages involved

Has anyone on here done this already? What did you do?

Thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hi,

Am just about to apply for the ACS assessment. I have all my documentation in place, including employer reference letters etc ..

Now the process dictates says that:
    "You must support all claims by submitting certified or notarised copies (do not send original documents; these may be difficult to replace and you should retain them for your personal records) of the following documents with your application"

So my question is, what kind of certification is required for these documents? Could I just get them certified at my local Garda station or would I need to get them officially legally notorised? If I were to get them notorised it would be very expensive because solicitors usually charge by the page and there would be a lot of pages involved

Has anyone on here done this already? What did you do?

Thanks ..

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=frequentask#certified

garda, justice of the peace etc, the above outlines the wording each document must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Im interested in this aswell as im close to this stage of the application also.

Hussey in the link you gave it shows a list of people who can do this but below it says the following..

"If the copy is to be certified in a place outside Australia - a person who is the equivalent of a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations in that place."

Does anyone know if they accept the list they have on the page from outside Australia?

Would be handy to just head to a local garda instead of a solicitor that charges per page.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Qantas

Just give your local Garda station a ring and they will
    tell you who your local commissioner of the peace is
    just contact them and they will sign and stamp them for no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Confused_73

I don't know if a lot of peace comissioners have an official stamp however.

I got documents signed by a peace comissioner (county councillor) before and all he did was sign his name and mobile number to the documents. It was not very official looking

Do peace commissioners have stamps normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

i got all my documents for the ACS assessment stamped at local Garda station when i was applying 2 years ago, no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Confused_73

Cheers for that

I got stamped in the Garda station as well, so I think they will be fine. I also included colour scans of the originals as part of my online application, so I think everything should be covered

Application went in the post today. The process has begun !

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i used the gardai when i had to send certified copies to TRA, i had about14 or 15 documents and he was none to pleased to be doing it.
    anyhow when it came to the visa application i just went to my solicitor and he done it for free for me (i have given him quite a bit of business over the last few years), but i think they only charge about 20euros anyhow. just make sure that what ever they stamp/write on it is clear and legible otherwise they will for it to be certified again.

I got mine done yesterday off a local peace commisioner.

He just wrote his signature on everything I gave him.

No dates or anything. Is this enough?

Im planning on adding an info page with my application to give his details..phone number email etc...

bigbadcon wrote: »
    I got mine done yesterday off a local peace commisioner.

He just wrote his signature on everything I gave him.

No dates or anything. Is this enough?

Im planning on adding an info page with my application to give his details..phone number email etc...

depends on who you are sending them to:confused:
    but i doubt it is enough, they wrote on mine
    "this is a true copy of the original document"
    *name of practice*
    *brief address of practice*
    *contact no. of practice*
    signed and dated

if it is wrong they will just ask you to get them done again its no biggie, just time consuming and a pain in the arse

sponge_bob wrote: »
    depends on who you are sending them to:confused:
    but i doubt it is enough, they wrote on mine
    "this is a true copy of the original document"
    *name of practice*
    *brief address of practice*
    *contact no. of practice*
    signed and dated

if it is wrong they will just ask you to get them done again its no biggie, just time consuming and a pain in the arse

Its for both the ACS Skills Assessment and the 175 Visa.

I just assumed it would be ok as he said he had done this a couple of times over the last few weeks.

Il go mad if I have to get all of this documentation done and certified again.

EDIT:

Screw this ive organised to meet up up with the peace commissioner again tonight to make sure I have it in the right format. Not worth them saying its all wrong.

• Advertisement

Its for both the ACS Skills Assessment and the 175 Visa.

I just assumed it would be ok as he said he had done this a couple of times over the last few weeks.

Il go mad if I have to get all of this documentation done and certified again.

EDIT:

Screw this ive organised to meet up up with the peace commissioner again tonight to make sure I have it in the right format. Not worth them saying its all wrong.

No, you need dates and to be in the exact format the ACS want, as outlined on their website

I have gone with the following format that is on the ACS website Taken from here

How each document should be certified

Each copy of every page of the original document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

the words 'certified true copy of the original'
    the original signature of the certifying officer
    the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature.

It doesnt say anything about a date here. I might just write one myself on the pages just in case :D

I have gone with the following format that is on the ACS website Taken from here

Each copy of every page of the original document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature.

It doesnt say anything about a date here. I might just write one myself on the pages just in case :D

you are one bad ass allright con:D
    just make sure you use the same colour pen;)
    also make colour copies of the verified documents before sending them, for your records

sponge_bob wrote: »
    you are one bad ass allright con:D
    just make sure you use the same colour pen;)
    also make colour copies of the verified documents before sending them, for your records

I try to keep my criminal urges under control but sometimes I cant help it :D

Yeah if you scan the certified copies before you send them off to the acs you can then use these scans for the online visa application cant you?

so it doesn't! Good idea about the date yourself, I guess my justice of peace put the date down anyway.

I try to keep my criminal urges under control but sometimes I cant help it :D

Yeah if you scan the certified copies before you send them off to the acs you can then use these scans for the online visa application cant you?

yeah
    i have all my documents/verified colour scanned into my laptop so its just a matter of printing them off if i need anymore copies for anything

Advertisement