Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Wear in Dublin?

• 02-05-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering can anyone recommend a decent place to buy good work trousers in the Dublin area? Looking for a few decent pairs that ideally I'd like to be able to get away with wearing casually aswell. I'd like to avoid the shiny (I think polyester) material and would be looking for something like this: http://www.stanleyworkwear.com/stanley-heavy-duty-work-trousers.html which appears to be 100% cotton. Wouldn't need all the tool hooks or even the knee pad compartments, but just something durable and not too heavy or sweaty so something breathable.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Snickers are in ballymount, they have a range of stuff in there. They are about €55 excl vat though. If you want something more cheaper, keep on eye on lidl or aldi, or just get combat style in pennys. Wont be as tought, but cheap and causal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Davy wrote: »
    just get combat style in pennys. Wont be as tought, but cheap and causal.

These are very cheap and light.€13 each. I have about 5 pairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Not in Dublin but I've been using these Dickies for a good while and find them great... get them on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Dickies-Redhawk-Super-Work-Trousers-WD884-NAVY-BLACK-/310204457847?pt=UK_Men_s_Trousers&var=&hash=item8e06f37fe4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

snickers have a great deal at the moment.

58 euro for a shirt, belt , knee pads and trousers ..

I got mine in Naas but I think it is a nation wide promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks again for the replies. Bbam, them dickies ones are the "shiny" ones I didn't want, I'd be looking at a canvass or cotton type so I might have a look in Snickers as I'd prefer something that will last and be breathable enough!

• Advertisement
Advertisement