Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting game tournment June 18th The Exchange, temple bar: win a ticket to Las Vegas

Options
  • 02-05-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted, I did check and saw nada.

anywho, over in the fighting game forums this has been announce, but I thought you shouldn't be kept outta the loop ;)

Original thread
    Ayjayirl wrote:

Hi all,

Tis that time of year again - Evo is coming. We, the Fighting Games Community Ireland, are hosting a qualifying tournament for the event with a first prize of flights to Las Vegas and entry to the event!

The main tournament will be SSF4. We hope to have AE for the tournament but this depends on the release date of the DLC. We will also be running MVC3, Blaz Blue and, MK9 tournaments. A Timetable for the days events and the cost of entry will be confirmed and put up closer to the event. We are hoping that everyone in the community can make it to this event and make it the biggest we have had so far. It promises to be interesting with everyone beating everyone these days.

The rules will follow inferno for SSF4 and the other tournament formats for MVC3 and Blaz Blue. MK9 format is tbc

Prizes so far include flights, entry to EVO, sticks and vouchers. We will expand this to spot prizes for the saltiest loss and best come back etc.

The event will be held at the Exchange in Temple Bar on June 18th. There will be no inferno in June to help with this event (Thank you guys)

We are taking early registrations on the official website at http://evo.streetfighter.ie. All early registrations who attend the event will be put into a draw for a special prize. Please goto the registration page and put in your details so we can plan to make the event memorable. smile.gif

We will have recording equipment, the projectors setup and the latest technique of turtling and raging. biggrin.gif

I will use this thread to update you as we get closer to the event. I hope everyone can make from all over Ireland, up north, in Cork and the other wilds as well as Dublin.

COME ONE, COME ALL - GET HYPE!

So yeah, a tournament in Super street fighter IV to win a ticket to Las Vegas, not bad

There will also be tournaments in Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue and Marvel versus Capcom 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Went to the one you guys held on Liffey Street last year, and had a ball. Might drop up to this one if the wallet permits it... especially with MK on the roster.

Advertisement