Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get Failed cert from Driving Test for renewal?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

A friend of mine had learner permit for the last 5 years (nearly) but did not take any practical driving test so far. After 4 years to get 3rd time renewal of the learner permit, she applied for the practical test and with that proof she got Learner permit for 1 year. Now it is due for renewal by May end.

She got her driving test scehduled in next 10 days (She already clancelled 2 times). She is still a nervous driver, and does not now basics - she can't drive even for 2 min. Now she wants to appear for the test MAINLY to get a Failed cert just to keep her driving permit for next 2 years. She promises that she would take lessons later this year, she does not want to re-appear for the theory test again.

My understanding is that she goes to the test, and tells the tester that she can't drive on the roads it would be considered as "Cancelled" test and she would not get failed cert.

Now the question is what she needs to do to get a certificate from the tester that she appeared the test and failed?

Any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

She has paid for the test, tell her to go ahead and do it. She can only benefit from the experience (assuming she has a car).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gongura

mb1725 wrote: »
    She has paid for the test, tell her to go ahead and do it. She can only benefit from the experience (assuming she has a car).

Thanks, I think she has a car and licensed as named driver. But what happens if she stops the car on the middle of the road in the traffic and can't go any further?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Get a driving instructor to take her over the route in the area where she is doing her test. This way she gets some experience of the test without the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

are you saying she can't even drive at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭overshoot

some people just arent cut out for driving but im by the sounds of it she just might not drive at all so still has no time behind the wheel.

attempt the test, you have paid for it so there is nothing to lose the money is already gone. all it is is drive for 20 mins, do 3 manuvers you will almost never use and answer a few questions on road signs. even failing it may calm her down. she may fail miserably but will know she did without practice and just needs some.
    i failed miserably the first time, it was a horrible day but annoyingly the things i messed up werent weather caused,i just put it down as a bad day. second time i knew what to expect and had 1 blue fault (which count for nothing unless you get about 6 or so in 1 marking section)

if she stops im sure the tester will calm her down, i doubt she would be the first nervous person he has ever seen. worst case he brings the car back or she call someone to come to them if he says insurance or something like that

the test can always be retaken so no point in being terrified of it

Advertisement