Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accelerated Recruitment ?

• 02-05-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi I'm still waiting on my background checks and praying I get my medical and get into an intake soon before the Garda Reserve meets it's quota.

Anyone here think that with Templemore being so quiting lately with no full-time recruitment that the Garda Reserve should have an accelerated recruitment campaign and have up to a 100-200 Reserves training at a time ? it would be a great way of getting all those people off the background checks/Medical list and getting their feet on the street at a time when they are most needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

Have they not nearly reached there 10% mark?? Id imagine its close and if so will be stopping recruitment? Ye backround checks are a pain!Mine were at least a year, starting this weekend so looking forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

seedorf117 wrote: »
    Have they not nearly reached there 10% mark?? Id imagine its close and if so will be stopping recruitment? Ye backround checks are a pain!Mine were at least a year, starting this weekend so looking forward!

word of mouth is that there is 500 places left with far more applications.my point is just fast track the recruitment and fill those 500 places instead of spacing out the intakes lets just hope I would be in one of those intakes of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

A.G.S wrote: »
    word of mouth is that there is 500 places left with far more applications.my point is just fast track the recruitment and fill those 500 places instead of spacing out the intakes lets just hope I would be in one of those intakes of course :D

In fairness, there no point in speeding up things. Usually when things get put into over drive they end up getting messy.

If I recall correctly, some part of America took on a load of people and ended up with alot of undesirables causing alot of corruption from speeding up things.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

im waiting for more than two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

lezza wrote: »
    im waiting for more than two years

2 Years? Have you contacted them too see what's happening? What area are you living in, Dublin, Meath ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

In Galway. contacted them twice both times meant to get a call back, apparently backround checks still been done

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

yes yee are correct. nearly full at this stage...and i was told at my last inservice there is 10 intakes this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

yes yee are correct. nearly full at this stage...and i was told at my last inservice there is 10 intakes this year
    10?? where you hear that?? Was one this month, the previous one was march, next one september so doubt there will be ten!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

seedorf117 wrote: »
    10?? where you hear that?? Was one this month, the previous one was march, next one september so doubt there will be ten!

we were told that at a meeting with the inspector and tutor. there aim is to fill it this year anyway and then stop at the quota. afterall they won't get anymore funding to inflate the reserve past its approved level with fulltime garda recruitment at a halt

Advertisement