Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skilled Occupation Lists: The difference?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi there,

I was just browsing through http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/ seeing if my job was on the list. However there are four lists. Whats the difference between them all? (obviously number 3 has a deadline of July 1st)

I going to Oz on a WHV at the end of June. It's not necessity that I have to get this Visa or anything, just seeing what options are open to me in the future really. I'll go on my WHV and sur I may hate the place or fickle me will decide to move on somewhere else.

So my job can be found in numbers 2, 3 and 4....and number 1 if my relevant body agrees. I see to get my qualification recognised with my relevant body for migration is $450. Then about $6150 for visa application, payable in two installments. Do they still take this money if you have been unsuccessful?
    Pre July 1st, I have I only have 115points=>in the pool.
    After July 1st I make out i have bang on 65points=>pass. (well depending on the whole superior english thing, but I'd take the test obviously...€185, it all money money money eh!)

1: the current SOL (schedule 3) – applies to all new GSM applications, including applicants eligible for transitional arrangements if they prefer to use it.
    See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 (120KB PDF file)

2: the State and Territory SOL (schedule 4) – relevant only for GSM applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency under a State Migration Plan.
    See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 4 (246KB PDF file)

3: the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ASCO code (schedule 1) – applies only to General Skilled Migration (GSM) applicants who lodged their application prior to 1 July 2010.
    See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 1 (244KB PDF file)

4: the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ANZSCO code (schedule 2) – applies to GSM applicants who are eligible for transitional arrangements and who lodge their application before 1 January 2013.
    See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 2 (164KB PDF file)

Many thanks for yer super help as always!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Schedule 3 is for independent GSM 175 applications
    Schedule 4 is for State Sponsored GSM 176 with a SMP.

Forget about 1 & 2 they are for applicants lodged before July 2010.

It's now 3rd May, the chances of getting a skills assessment before end of June is slim bordering on impossible and in some assessing bodies they have already passed the deadline of accepting applications until after July.

You only need to pay the first installment as the 2nd is only for those applicants whose wife/dependents have less than functional English.

The 1st Instalment is about $ 2575, non-refundable. Really the only way you would be rejected would be to apply and tell them a pack of lies ie. Not telling then you have a ciminal record or made up employment history.

If you meet the criteria to begin with it should not be a problem, but the processing time can be between 6 months and 3 years.

If you are coming on a WHV a better option is if you are in a useful occupation to try and get sponsored, not as easy as it sounds but it can be done if you are lucky and is a lot cheaper and quicker.

Advertisement