Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Buyer's Agent

Options
  • 02-05-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I'm not good at dealing with people (I'm an aspie). I'm looking to buy property in Dublin, I need a buyer's agent, who will take my criteria (which are pretty flexible), find a bunch of properties that fit them from various agencies, arrange viewings, and help me deal with all negotiations etc.

Recently returned here from the USA where this seems to be more common. Here, the few agencies that I've contacted have 1) not asked me what I WANT; then 2) just tried to push stuff on their books that they want to shift; and 3) ignored any other listings than their own.

Does what I'm looking for exist in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You can hire an agent to do a property search for you and look after negotiations, it's not very common for residential searches though. Be clear when you call them up that you're looking for an agent to do a property search, you'll have to agree a fee structure with them (they'll want to be paid even if you never agree on a sale). You could set up a meeting with them then to discuss your needs. Generally when agents recieve calls about a house purchase it would be about the houses they have on the market so be clear that's not what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

Yes, the one agent that advertised a 'buyer's service' on their site simply used my query as an opportunity to push a bunch of their own properties. Perhaps they misunderstood my needs, though I did send the query directly to the address for the 'buyers service'.

I will try being a good deal more explicit about needing a property search not just a bunch of their own brochures :mad:.

Do you know if all agents do this kind of thing and if they can be expected only to be interested in properties on their own books like the first one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BuyersBroker

What you are looking for appears to be exclusive buyer representation i.e. not merely an estate agent who also acts for the buyer. There are at least seven companies who do this in Dublin, it is a growing trend for an uncertain market!

Good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The Good Agent

There are firms in Dublin who do this, for a fee. A quick search of Google with some more of your own information entered will soon find you an answer.

However, might I suggest that you try and find the property yourself. With daft.ie and myhome.ie its very easy to locate a house which you like from the comfort of your current living arrangements. Once you have found the home that is for you (from the pictures that is), maybe then hand over the reins to the Buying-Agent and let them do the viewing and pricing. Otherwise this agent might come back to you with some houses that they feel are ideal but that your not really that into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scottman

Hi There I have just moved across from edinburgh and work in Dublin now for a property company if your looking for advice or want to talk property I would be happy to chat.

You should look into the Property Actions that are taking place in Dublin there is another action in July.

• Advertisement
Advertisement