Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me title a pic

• 02-05-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

2EFAACE6E1E04D9CBB7269F7958257A0-0000328125-0002299306-00800L-A5CF2D7584174E62AE31091FACB5CC0F.png

I'm looking for a title for this picture. I'm entering it into a competition within my school and we need to title the picture. I have a few in mind but I was wondering what the good people of boards come up with first as I'm not too sure about mine as I don't want to influence you.

Shoot! :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

How about: The Enchanted Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PureRGB

As an aside your watermark is massively distracting - well I'm assuming those yellow wavey lines are part of your watermark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

PureRGB wrote: »
    As an aside your watermark is massively distracting - well I'm assuming those yellow wavey lines are part of your watermark?
    The only reason that the watermark is so prominent is because I am entering it into a competition.

The name is the only part of my watermark. The yellow lines are part of a long exposure of a firework.

Octopusky - A sky octopus.

How genius of me.

Really though I've no idea. I've never been good at putting names on my images. I suggest you call it "IMG_4035" and say that the name is your way of displaying the anonymity in photography these days (or other such made up lies for additional artistic effect!)

How genius of me.

Really though I've no idea. I've never been good at putting names on my images. I suggest you call it "IMG_4035" and say that the name is your way of displaying the anonymity in photography these days (or other such made up lies for additional artistic effect!)
    I was looking at "War of the Worlds" due to the similarities to the Tripod in the recent remake.

Tripod1.jpg

So I was thinking along the creature above the city line as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

I dont think I would have gotten the connection to war of the worlds myself but Id say it reminds me of a jellyfish or octupus most so perhaps something more marine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Angels at night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Jackobyte wrote: »

So I was thinking along the creature above the city line as well.

Giant Octupus, creature in the sky?

Call it "The Watchmen" ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Behold, I was touched by His Noodly Appendage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Can we pretend that fireworks, in the night sky, are octopi.

• Advertisement

I was thinking war of the worlds myself, actually, when I first seen it. Though I haven't seen the movie, just the audio story by Jeff Wayne.

Suppose you could call the image "... But still they come!" in reference to the lyrics of one of the tracks;

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million to one they said, The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million to one... But still they come!"

6:10 in this video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvwxvCOSH4

Actually, you know what, that's just a brilliant track altogether!

I'm not sure yet. I'll have a think about it. I definitely think it should either be an alien or an octupus though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Awesome - just call it "U-La!":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I think it looks more like a jellyfish which I think are cooler too.
    Here's some jellyfish names that might fit.

Aurelia
    Sea Medusa
    Sea Wasp (box jellyfish from the movie 7 pounds).

You can change sea to sky of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Is it just me or does it remind anyone else of Missle Command with better graphics?

I was thinking war of the worlds myself, actually, when I first seen it. Though I haven't seen the movie, just the audio story by Jeff Wayne.

Suppose you could call the image "... But still they come!" in reference to the lyrics of one of the tracks;

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million to one they said, The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million to one... But still they come!"

6:10 in this video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvwxvCOSH4

I really liked the idea of that but it would've involved too much explanation for a pretty mediocre school competition.
    Morpork wrote: »
    I think it looks more like a jellyfish which I think are cooler too.
    Here's some jellyfish names that might fit.

Aurelia
    Sea Medusa
    Sea Wasp (box jellyfish from the movie 7 pounds).

You can change sea to sky of course.
    Aurelia was the only one of those 3 I considered but I thought it a bit too abstract as well.

So I went with "Octopi Sky".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

How about "The Politics of Banality: Media Art and the Status Quo".

Courtesy of this. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Seconds from disaster

Scamp- wrote: »
    How about "The Politics of Banality: Media Art and the Status Quo".

Courtesy of this. :D
    From that: In Search of Sustainability: Defying Interactivity. :P

Advertisement