Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap UK texts?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm currently with Meteor & send a good few texts to the UK. Just wondering what are the best options regarding cost as I'm finding its quite expensive?

Debating whether to change my phone too, was tempted by the iPhone 4 on 3 network but not convinced bill pay is for me! Think I'd end up with woeful bills! I'm just thinking I could possibly use Skype sometimes on my phone, instead of texting the UK, is that free then yeah/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if you have an o2 or vodafone prepay sim you can use www.cabbagetexter.com to send free webtexts to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Its a torment that meteor don't allow international webtext

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kn0ckers

if u were to go on bill with 3 u can use txt to uk through ur units wont be charged extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

kn0ckers wrote: »
    if u were to go on bill with 3 u can use txt to uk through ur units wont be charged extra

does that include 'best of both'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

kn0ckers wrote: »
    Not for texts, only calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

AnnaGram85 wrote: »
    I'm currently with Meteor & send a good few texts to the UK. Just wondering what are the best options regarding cost as I'm finding its quite expensive?

Debating whether to change my phone too, was tempted by the iPhone 4 on 3 network but not convinced bill pay is for me! Think I'd end up with woeful bills! I'm just thinking I could possibly use Skype sometimes on my phone, instead of texting the UK, is that free then yeah/
    Vodafone or O2 both offer free international webtexts - 600 per month with Vodafone and 250 per month with O2.
    Vodafone charge 13c per text from your phone to the UK, O2 charge 25c per text from your phone to the UK.

Skype offer SMS to the UK for 9.2c per text.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

So seems if I was with ANY other network I'd be able to send webtexts!!! Lol its a total pain! I'm going to be changing from Meteor anyway I reckon. O2 seem quite expensive so am between Vodafone or 3, and am swaying towards 3 if I want to get an iPhone anyway. Wondering if I'd be better getting an unlocked iPhone and going the PAYG route. Need time to figure this one out!! Usually I jump right in!

Advertisement