Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What network are you on?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Just wondering, what is the most popular network people use?

Oops, attempted to add a poll but it seems it didn't work for me. Oh well. I'm on Meteor PAYG. Have been for about 8 years now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I'm on Tesco Mobile over 2 years now and won't be changing anytime soon.
    I also have a mobile broadband account with Meteor as their internet is very fast in my area:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Three. I don't make phone calls much but text a lot and gobble through data at a crazy rate so the flexi units and all you can eat data on a SIM only plan is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Kensington wrote: »
    Three. I don't make phone calls much but text a lot and gobble through data at a crazy rate so the flexi units and all you can eat data on a SIM only plan is perfect.

Three. Data primarily. Just moved to them in March after 14 years with O2. Felt O2 where heading in the wrong direction with there plans, prices and policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chloe2k11

I'm with o2 and have been for a long time. I recently was thinking of changing to meteor as lots of my friends are with meteor. But the new phone i got is locked with o2 so unfortunatley i can't.:( To answer your question it seems meteor is one of the most popular networks among young people in my area :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Recently changed to three after many years on O2. O2 showed no willingness to compete for my business, particularly with their crap, late to market data offerings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Meteor PAYG for me. I've just been with them ever since the whole meteor craze a few years ago. Their free texts to any network with 69c a day data works for me on my unlocked iPhone 4. :D

Vodafone, on the Simply 100 plan. Considering changing something as I've been sending a lot more than 100 texts a month to other networks lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am with 3 (bill phone), they are great for me as I am not a texter and using the flexi units is perfect, I can spend the units on what I want to spend them on and have all you can eat data.... perfect! :D

I left O2 for 3 and it was the best thing I ever did... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

angel01 wrote: »
    I am with 3 (bill phone), they are great for me as I am not a texter and using the flexi units is perfect, I can spend the units on what I want to spend them on and have all you can eat data.... perfect! :D

I left O2 for 3 and it was the best thing I ever did... :)

Plus one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

With Meteor a long time now, free Meteor calls and texts for €20, wife and kids on it too so it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally a Vodafone customer, until I moved home 3 years ago, where Voda signal is non-existant in the house.

Then I moved to o2, which were grand, but pricing is off the mark. Last week, I got a Meteor SIM and a 3 SIM to see if they'd work here, and 3 succeeded.

In fact, 3 is working better than expected so far. I get consistant 3G signal, even though o2 used to drop to EDGE.

So, all going well, 3 will hopefully introduce the HTC Sensation soon! In the interim, I'll stay on the prepay option for now, taking advantage of the free texts and weekend calls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Also on 3.
    I find the network to be very good and the prices even better. 3 like home is something that will keep me with 3 as long as I spend a lot of time in the UK. Makes keeping in contact so much easier and cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chloe2k11

from the above comments i am now considering moving to 3 :) it seems to make much more sense than staying with o2 :D thanks guys ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Long time with Meteor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Three also. Use the phone mainly for data use so it's the cheapest and best.

Chloe2k11 wrote: »
    from the above comments i am now considering moving to 3 :) it seems to make much more sense than staying with o2 :D thanks guys ...
    If you're thinking of moving to a new network get a free payg sim card from a three store and test the signal before you move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i am with

O2
    Three
    Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Meteor PAYG for personal, 3 PAYG for business (free skype and free weekend calls to any ROI number is a bloody godsend! :D)

was with vodafone before i ported over to three as a lot of the people i dealt with were on vodafone, but now you just dont know what network people are on (im on the 3 network, but my number is still 087).

i was on bill pay with vodafone for years, but then i found i could get better value with PAYG! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

On eMobile since November, after 13 years of O2 (or Esat DigiFone as it was then) -- I had been given a nearly-new mobile phone*, and waited for them to launch rather than join Eircell (now Vodafone).

I joined eMobile after deciding to go with the Nokia N8. Their price on the phone was €200 better than O2's at the time, the contract was shorter, and the data package was cheaper. An added bonus: by buying early, I ended up with a SIM-free handset :)

* that was a blue Nokia 1630, originally an Eircell phone, but this was in the days before SIM-lock. It could receive SMS messages, but not send them. You young folk don't know you're born.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

With 3, been with them about 4 yrs. Gotta discount off them couple of years ago for being a loyal customer so when I got an iPhone I got the Classic Flex Max plan for €30 and herself and a lot of friends have moved so now notice I'm using more of my 3 to 3 free calls too. Defo won't change anytime soon as the discount giving me the plan for €30 is hard to match by the others

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Just a little question, do you guys usually go for bill pay because it saves money or to get a high-spec phone cheaper at a subsidised price?

Just curious as I have an iPhone 4 off contract with meteor and it's very handy not having to worry about a silly contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

O2. I find the customer service top notch, and for my needs the price is right. Meteor tried to rip me off and I ended up taking them to the small claims court to get my money back. Vodafone wouldn't give me a bill pay plan (even sim only). E-mobile didn't exist when I was moving from Meteor, and given it's under the same ownership I won't be going near it, plus the plans don't suit me. 3's plans just seem overcomplicated and they seem to change their terms and conditions every couple of weeks, I like to know where I stand.
    LukeS_ wrote: »
    Just a little question, do you guys usually go for bill pay because it saves money or to get a high-spec phone cheaper at a subsidised price?
    In my case it's mainly for the convenience of not having to top up. But I've been out of contract for about 18 months and I've good value on my sim only plan too.

Just curious as I have an iPhone 4 off contract with meteor and it's very handy not having to worry about a silly contract.

I stay on bill pay for two reasons. It's cheaper and I use a blackberry. For 30 euro sim only plan (no long contract) I get 350 units (1unit=1min or 2sms), al you can eat data and unlimited land line calls and time of day. Can't really beat that anywhere. Plus I pay 9.99 for my blackberry service. I never buy my phones on contract. Only sim free. It gives me the flexibility to move networks when ever someone offers better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

3 classic flex max sim only is only a 30 day rolling contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

o2. I find them great to deal with and the plan I'm on meets my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Breezer wrote: »
    3s plans just seem overcomplicated and they seem to change their terms and conditions every couple of weeks, I like to know where I stand

in all the years I have been with 3 they have only changed the T's and C's once

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Walkman wrote: »
    in all the years I have been with 3 they have only changed the T's and C's once
    Not T & C's per se, but their offers seem to be on and off like yoyos, and the plans change way too often. True, once you're on a plan you're on it, but the constantly changing nature of the whole setup just puts me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

I'm with o2. Only reason is it suits OH as they get cheap international calls. But I do agree with Cookie. Better off buying sim free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Breezer wrote: »
    Not T & C's per se, but their offers seem to be on and off like yoyos, and the plans change way too often. True, once you're on a plan you're on it, but the constantly changing nature of the whole setup just puts me off.

Why would you rather stay with old plans keeps smaller amount of value ?

O2 finally changed their Simplicity plans. I expect vodafone to do the same seeing the fact it would be silly not to as every network except them has better value for money

Advertisement