Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What network are you on?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Yes but when O2 changed their simplicity plans I felt they were a little sneaky removing the free o2 to o2 calls and texts which were present on the old simplicity plans

Yes, and Vodafone dropped the data allowance of Perfect Choice Access Plus 150 from 2GB to 500MB. I don't think there's many who would be changing to the new plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

O2 dropped theirs to 250mb on the advance 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Personally I stay on Bill Pay because I know exactly where I am. With PAYG I found myself burning through credit like the new-time. €20 here, €10 there quickly mounts up. This was before the free texts, calls, internet deals, so it's not so clear cut now.

3 and Meteor have very decent 30 day SIM only plans. FlexiFix with 3 is great value. 200 mins (up to 100 for calling the UK), Unlimited Text, Unlimited 3-3 calls (mother, sister and a fiar few friends are on 3), 500MB data for €25 a month and free UK roaming. There is no beating that!

I have my iPhone4 with o2-uk. I got mine with 30% employee discount, so it worked out cheaper to take the phone on an 18 month contract than to buy it outright. A SIMO plan would have been on top of that. So it was a no-brainer, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Yes but when O2 changed their simplicity plans I felt they were a little sneaky removing the free o2 to o2 calls and texts which were present on the old simplicity plans

Yeah but you can get that back via a free add on. It gives you a choice weather you need it or not. Also get another add on free for 3 months.

Personally i find Meteors Bill Pay lite to be best for me. 200/200/1GB and free calls and texts to meteor for 25 quid a month (30 day sim contract). PAYG did me fine but with no clear internet add on i would burn up the credit too quick if i went over 50mb a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Yeah but you can get that back via a free add on. It gives you a choice weather you need it or not. Also get another add on free for 3 months.

Personally i find Meteors Bill Pay lite to be best for me. 200/200/1GB and free calls and texts to meteor for 25 quid a month (30 day sim contract). PAYG did me fine but with no clear internet add on i would burn up the credit too quick if i went over 50mb a day

There's no free add-ons avaialble on simplicity plans as far as I know only on the advance plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Breezer wrote: »
    Not T & C's per se, but their offers seem to be on and off like yoyos, and the plans change way too often. True, once you're on a plan you're on it, but the constantly changing nature of the whole setup just puts me off.

So changing from for example Relax 350 with 350 flex units and free 3 to 3 calls for €45 per month to Classic Flex Max with 350 flex units, free 3 to 3 calls, all you can eat data and a free add on for €40 per month is a bad thing. As you said yourself if you sign up to a plan you get to stay on it.....what's the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

cookie1977 wrote: »
    There's no free add-ons avaialble on simplicity plans as far as I know only on the advance plans.

Oh sorry put the wrong thing down :) I was meant to say about their advance plans changing for better a bit

Advertisement