Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 3/5 19:15 Wes1 -vs- Roys Rovers

Options
  • 02-05-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

We know Roys and we know they are a decent team, so we need to be on top of our game for this one.

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - away
    Ciaran - in
    Martin - in
    Gary - in
    Eamon - exams
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto - out
    Karl - in
    Wes - in

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

you're getting slower Keith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The F5 button is hungover!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

How do i play in this??

• Advertisement

How do i play in this??

for this team?

Well, you'd have to play in a friendly at least for us, so I can see you playing and you can see us playing, and then we can decide if you'd be a good fit for us, and you decide if we'd be a good fit for you.

This thread is about our fourth league game of the Summer 2011 Season, there are 14 more weeks after this one, then a close season when we'll have friendlies.

It costs €120 to join for a season (it's €1800 per team, which is broken down to every player, we pay league fees, referee fees and we have to provide footballs and other sundreis that the players need like Deep Heat spray, pay to have the kit cleaned etc etc)

Des wrote: »
    for this team?

Well, you'd have to play in a friendly at least for us, so I can see you playing and you can see us playing, and then we can decide if you'd be a good fit for us, and you decide if we'd be a good fit for you.

This thread is about our fourth league game of the Summer 2011 Season, there are 14 more weeks after this one, then a close season when we'll have friendlies.

It costs €120 to join for a season (it's €1800 per team, which is broken down to every player, we pay league fees, referee fees and we have to provide footballs and other sundreis that the players need like Deep Heat spray, pay to have the kit cleaned etc etc)

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Where do you guys play? and what night?

Ive had to give up Leinster Senior League football on the weekends due to having a family. This is my last season on grass so i was looking for evening time competitive football on any of Tues/Wed/Thurs nights for some football.

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Where do you guys play? and what night?

Ive had to give up Leinster Senior League football on the weekends due to having a family. This is my last season on grass so i was looking for evening time competitive football on any of Tues/Wed/Thurs nights for some football.

We play our games in Wesley College Dundrum on a Tuesday night, at 7.15, 8.15 or 9.15, it changes each week, out fixtures are in a sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Des wrote: »
    We play our games in Wesley College Dundrum on a Tuesday night, at 7.15, 8.15 or 9.15, it changes each week, out fixtures are in a sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Ive already been asked to play for a Team on Monday nights in Wesley which ive said yes too. So i was looking for a Wed/Thurs night game not Tues in my 30's now so need that extra nights recovery. Ill go looking for Wed/Thurs night threads then.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

And best of luck this season. :)

3-3 Draw

• Advertisement

It was Definitley a game of two halves first half we were not with it and second we came in to it more. But I agree with what Ciarian said at the end of the game and we are not getting a warm up done and first half was an example of that. The First 2 Goals Were Were School Boy Errors Not Picking Up Men. And Then Second What Done It For Us For Our Mouths Not Keeping Them Shut. We Are A Better Team Then This. So On To Next Week And 3 Points On The Board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I agree too lads, no proper warm ups are been done beforehand. Only a couple of players warm up properly, kicking the ball about doesn't count.

We done fantastically to get it back to 3-2, Ciaran's solo goal was one of the best goals I've seen for boards. Disappointing not to hold that lead but with the yellows and red at the end we were lucky to hold on to the draw I suppose. Next week we should attempt to explode out of the traps at the start of the game and put the opposition on the defensive instead of waiting to concede goal to do the same.

Just to back up Clay and what Ciaran was saying, we have been getting a bit lax about the time we turn up at. I know sometimes the real world gets in the way and you can be late or just turn up at kick off, but each game this season its taking us so long to get into the game we're nearly always giving away a goal.

We gave away 2 soft goals yesterday, mainly from sitting too deep firstly and not picking up the men when the made the move. For their second goal the scorer was unmarked outside the box. These are rookie mistakes a team of this experience should not be making. We got back into it well and were unlucky to concede the third but again it came from a their kick off and we were caught napping thinking we'd won.

Still a long way to go in the season and the first points dropped lets not make a habit of it.

As an aside, can anyone tell me what Kenny and Gary were sent off for?

Ken Was Sin Binned For Elbowing But the Man he was marking elbowed him first but ken got caught and your man did not. Gary I think was sent off for mouthing back at the Ref I Think

Gary was booked for dissent, twice.

Kenny got a yellow for retaliation, and the ref said he never saw the initial foul on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Both stupid if we're honest, we should know by now!

Anyone, concentrate on the positives, the fantastic football we played in the early second half, was some of our best. Next week we should just go out with the intent to kill the game off early, no respite.

Advertisement