Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Places to stay for Tour De Burren

• 02-05-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am doing the Tour De Burren this year, I would like to get a hotel/B&B for the Friday and Saturday nights. ANywhere within 30 minutes of the start (Ballyvaughan) would be good. Even if someone could let me know of a major town near the start and I could maybe find a deal on Lidl breaks for the weekend, thanks a lot!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

When I did it, I stayed in a cheap and cheerful hostel in Corofin for €20 and I had a room to myself, I think it took me about 30mins to cycle to the start.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Stay in Fanore.
    Lots of holiday homes and a fair few B&bs.
    Magical spot.
    16km from Ballyvaughan along the most fantastic coast road in this island other than Slea head.

Great pub in oDonohues that does a really great steak.
    Owner is a pure gent and great character.
    Also Vascos just across the road serves delightful Lebanese/med type food.
    Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Thanks for the help lads, I booked into Lisdoon Lodge, got a good rate. Fanore looks beautiful alright would have gone with it, but rooms seem to be pretty scarce that weekend so I booked yesterday am.

Cap'n, had I been staying alone, I would have done the hostel, but I am bringing herself with me and we are gonna make it a three day event.

Advertisement